Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2011 16:00

How can i use RGS Session protocol?

Hello ,

I am curious to know that how can i use RGS protocol in place of RDP protocol. I tired to select session Protocol as RGS but i was unsucessful to use it. Do i have purchase it or it comes with vWorkspace 7.2

Please let me know..

Cheers,

Mohit Goyal

March 9th, 2011 18:00

Hi Mohit,

If you navigate to www.hp.com/go/rgs you will be able to download a trail version

Install the RGS Sender on the devices in the Desktop Group you have created

(Don't forget this can be either VDI or Physical?)

Now you can select the RGS option in vWorkspace management console for this particular Desktop Group

You will also need to have the RGS receiver installed at the Client Device or you will get an error

I hope this makes sense?

Dave Caddick

19 Posts

March 9th, 2011 21:00

Hi,

i've often asked myself how good (or bad) RGS is in comparison with RemoteFX or PCoIP - it seems to be the dark horse...!

however, some people say it's the best remote protocol for things like 3D.

i wonder why vmware hasn't settled with RGS instead of PCoIP - licensing issue, lack of marketing from HP's side, pricing...?

from what i can see, RGS was/is? the more mature protocol.

really curious...!

19 Posts

June 24th, 2011 15:00

Hi,

are RGS-Sessions via Web Access supported?

when we try to connect to an RGS-enabled WS via WA, we always get:

"A connection cannot be esablished and has timed out trying"

Connecting to Connection Broker with Appportal directly, it does work

80 Posts

June 27th, 2011 06:00

do we can any consolidated guide from deplyment of RGS protocol, as i got it working with in LAN but over WAN i could not connect to my VDI.

June 27th, 2011 07:00

Tim,

When you're going over the WAN, I expect you go through Secure-IT (SSL Gateway) and this doesn't support RGS.

Thanks, Andrew.

19 Posts

June 27th, 2011 17:00

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the reply.

it's clear to me that rgs is not a priority in the further development of vworkspace, however, it would be nice to be able to use without the necessity to provide dedicated vpn access to rgs-users, as well as having the advanced features of the rgs-receiver (quality control bar etc.).

over time, remotefx will likely provide a viable rgs-alternative, but with the current limited open-gl-support, it's not.

at least wie had no luck with proengineer wildfire 3!

No Events found!