Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 18th, 2013 07:00

Invalid picture error when launching an app

Hi,

When launching an application via the web browser, i'm getting this weird error.

The RDP session starts, the profile begins logging in, and just as the login and group policy stuff finishes, i get a small window popup with title "Quest vWorkspace Shell", and message "Invalid picture".  At the bottom of the screen is a minimised command prompt pnshell.cmd that sits there until I click OK to the previously mentioned popup window.  Once I click OK, then the vWorkspace application will launch successfully.

The pnshell.cmd has the following inside:

REM Added by PMF to prevent app permissions from appyling to admins

c:\Windows\syswow64\Ifmember Administrators

If Not ErrorLevel 1 Goto SkipAdmins

c:\Windows\SysWOW64\pnshell.exe

I'm on vWorkspace v8.0

The RDSH is 2008 R2

Any ideas why I'm getting this error?

Thanks!

Nick.invalidpicture2.png

July 19th, 2013 04:00

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the answer.  We use Sophos, but I added the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\pnshell.exe file to the exclusion list anyway, rebooted the TS, and it's still as issue.  I also added pnstart.exe to the exclusion list too.

I've noticed now that this only happens to one specific user.  Other users don't seem to have the issue.. So .. not sure why, but hopefully it's a one off?  If you have any ideas why I'd be keen to hear them.

Thanks,

Nick.

29 Posts

July 18th, 2013 23:00

PNSHELL.CMD runs pnshell.exe which initializes some of the session desktop management features. Originally, this error was caused by McAfee AV blocking pnshell thinking it was a virus. Are you by chance running McAfee? If so, try the following for troubleshooting purposes:

Change McAfee services startup to Manual and reboot the server. Stopping McAfee services alone will not solve the issue.

For all AV configurations, exclude pn* from realtime scan and monitoring.

No Events found!