Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 24th, 2010 10:00

Persistent assignment of clients (IP based)

I'm trying to configure persistency for our vm's, but putting together a vm and a thin client on an IP base, is not working.

The thin client is just taking another vm.

This problem was also reported as a bug, but 7.2 did not fix it.

Am I the only one with this problem?

29 Posts

December 30th, 2010 19:00

Hi Wouter,

I just tried a persistent device address assignment on a 7.2 lab by setting a desktop group as follows:

IP-set.jpg

and then launched a desktop session. The broker correctly assisgned the vm to the client ip:

Correct.jpg

Because my terminal is a DHCP client I change the assignment to device name since it won't change like a DHCP IP address might... Can you provide a little more information about your setup and perhaps turn on broker logging to help troubleshoot your issue?

3 Posts

January 10th, 2011 08:00

Hi Terry,

sorry  for my late answer; but school was closed the past 2 weeks.

So I've done the same as you did but that doesn't work, this is the result we are getting. The same happends with device name.

vworkspace.png

Thanks

228 Posts

January 12th, 2011 12:00

Hi Wouter,

With vWorkspace 7.2 we introduced a new feature:

• Failover Mode - With this release, there is a new failover registry entry.  You can use this mode for the following situation: if a persistent computer is not available, failover mode provides a user with a free temporary VM from the same group.  Note that the user does not receive notification that they are receiving a temporary computer, so administrators may want to use a type of notification to the users, such as using a different Desktop background.

The registry entry for Failover mode is:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Provision Networks\Common\Load and License Manager

AssignedVMFailover     REG_DWORD   0=disabled (default)   1=enabled

Can you please check your connection brokers to see if this option has been enabled.
What is the client operating system and vWorkspace client version?
Can you reproduce this when using the devicename to set the persistence?
Thanks
David

3 Posts

January 24th, 2011 13:00

Hi David,

I did try this out but without any luck.

Naamloos.png

228 Posts

February 1st, 2011 07:00

Hi Wouter,

It looks like you have something strange going on. Can you open a support case for this and then we can setup a webex meeting to take a further look at the setup.

No Events found!