Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 5th, 2010 23:00

Providing Download link for MAC App Portal software

So, I should be able to get this working, but dammit, I am admitting defeat.

I've tried to get the app portal for MAC dmg file working with the Gateway download links and even with a base IIS 7 server and even though I the settings so IIS recognises the files, they don't work for MAC users (presumably because they are being saved using a PC...

So, how does everyone provide a download link for the app portal client for MAC?

72 Posts

November 8th, 2010 12:00

Dont need to ZIP it up..you can download as a .DMG file

IIS management - on the server - cfg the MIME type " .dmg "  to  application/octet-stream

and then you can download it similar to the Windows clients

27 Posts

November 8th, 2010 09:00

Zip the .DMG file and put in the \clients folder.

This worked for me. 

98 Posts

Yeah I was able to do the mime type easy enough before so it would download without error, but then after downloading it gave an error and wouldn't launch on the mac's.

I will try it again...

72 Posts

Ive test on a handful of mac's laptops - fail only on one during installation process

re-try and it work...

13 Posts

November 12th, 2010 20:00

In our next version of vWorkspace 7.2 the DMG file extension will be automatically created when Web Access is installed on the server

98 Posts

November 25th, 2010 06:00

So...finally got a chance to go look at this again and found out that the download on the server showed as 2.7MB when the real install was 33MB...somehow I completely missed this before, no wonder it wouldn't work...

Thanks for the inforamtion guys...least I found out I was doing it correctly.

No Events found!