Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 9th, 2015 08:00

Remote Desktop Easy Print & 64 bit Clients

We have workspace 8.0 mr 1 on the back-end and our clients are using the 8.5 client.  We are experiencing issues getting printers redirected using remote desktop easy print as an option.

The group policy is set and being applied at the computer (also tested the client level).  

The users selects printers (not eop printers) on their preferences.

The printers do not map for 64 bit client operating systems.  The printers DO map to the virtual desktops for 32 bit client operating systems.

Anybody experiencing similar issues?

I can give further details of the configurations as needed.  Thanks

January 16th, 2015 03:00

Hello,

I've reported this to the Dev team in the past.

There isn't a way to make this work that I could find.

However, our EOP/Universal Print driver works in the same way and has many superior features too.

Is there a reason you cannot use this?

Thanks, Andrew.

January 16th, 2015 10:00

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your response.  We experience many issues with the EOP/Universal printers.  The main two issues are as follows:

Printing CHM files generated by RoboHelp and web pages consistently crash the print spooler.

We experience some successes at the 32 bit level with Microsoft Remote Desktop Easy Print and were hoping that the functionality would exist at the 64 bit level.

Jeff

January 19th, 2015 04:00

Hello,

I've heard from one customer that CHM and Web printing was causing issues - I guess it could be your site.

With them, it was only on 2 RDSH servers. Building a new server with the same software, it all worked fine.

If that is the same for you, it is really worth considering killing off the 2 bad RDSH servers and replacing them with the rebuilt servers.

Thanks, Andrew.

No Events found!