Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 24th, 2011 07:00

Suggest new Mouse pointer for iPad and Android

Hi...been playing around with vWorkspace VDI on ipad and android device for a while now and

would like to suggest a design/feature change to the mouse pointer to help navigate Windows on these devices.

Win7 VDI is better than XP VDI on these devices but still is it possible :-

1. Have a "kind of" closed scissor design ( see below ) , where you have a pointer at one end and 2 "finger" place holder at other end

to control / move and navigate Windows menus , scroll etc.

so... if you keep your finger on the left place holders ..it act as it currently design on the Quest ipad/android Connectors

that is you can move the mouse over items and click.

then with the other finger place holder - press and you get the "right click" option on Windows menu's

and finally - put both fingers on the place holder and this give the feature to allow you to auto scroll up and down menu's

<---------|__________|  (right click place holder )

|__________|  (left click place holder )

prit

3 Posts

March 28th, 2011 15:00

No Problem, I figure this way we don't have to ban people from using our software.   : o)

Just be sure to mark your comment as 'Answered'.

_SC

S c o t t  C r e s s

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

User Interface & Graphic Design

Quest Software Inc.

72 Posts

March 25th, 2011 10:00

cheers...

it would make if easy to work with "Windows" on these devices because it behave's

like a true mouse ( if possible... )

ohh also dont forget...

to cater for Left handed people ( like me :-) ..so you could switch the function of the left/right

finger place holder

March 25th, 2011 10:00

I have no idea if that is possible but it sounds cool!

March 25th, 2011 11:00

I'm left handed but like the buttons the "normal" way round... Guess I'm ambidextrous, so I vote for a ban on left handed and right handed virtualization users!

72 Posts

Oh cheers,  Dan

you've made me redundant ( one day we lefty's will rule the world !!!!  :-)

72 Posts

LoL...

that's not going to work on my "suggested design" because if your left handed you end up have to cross fingers !!!

prit

180 Posts

I vote for a ban of left handed desktop virtualization users!

3 Posts

March 28th, 2011 13:00

Hi Pritpal,
My Name is Scott, I was the one who created the right hand biased mouse cursor. I see your point (snicker) about the pointer not being left handed friendly. I'll talk it over with the programers/project engeneers and see if we can put an option somewhere to trigger a more left handed friendly pointer. 

Thanks for pointing that out!

_SC

72 Posts

March 28th, 2011 14:00

Hi Scott...

thanks for that - glad to see "your" happy to take customer feedback, sound's good

appreciated

prit

72 Posts

March 28th, 2011 15:00

cheers !!

November 29th, 2020 04:00

Try out mouse pointer on iPad using a Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad you have already paired to a Mac, remove it completely from the Mac’s Bluetooth list. The accessory will go into pairing mode and should then appear in the iPad Bluetooth settings. Tap on it to pair.

There are also several iPad cases coming on the market that integrate a trackpad. Obviously, you have the Apple Magic Keyboard with trackpad , which is compatible with the new iPad Pro and is going on sale in May. Logitech has also announced plans  to release keyboard-trackpad cases that work with other types of iPad. 

To know more features about Ipad Click here

No Events found!