Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 13th, 2015 01:00

Upgrade connection broker to windows server 2012

Dears,

I would like to know if there is any risks upgrading the OS of the server holding the connection broker, profile management and web access from windows server 2008 R2 to windows server 2012 or higher to enable support for HTML5 connector? please advise what is the suitable scenario for such upgrade.

Regards

57 Posts

January 16th, 2015 08:00

Hi Habibgha,

Are you hoping to carry out an inplace upgrade of the OS? This should work but I'm not sure if it has been tested. Assuming your infrastructure servers are virtualized, perhaps you could take  snapshot or clone this Virtual machine and attempt in a lab environment?

Or you could work on a phased approach, the first step being, if your current farm is 8.0.1 you could upgrade all the roles on your current server on 2008 R2 to vWorkspace 8.5, then build a separate new VM with 2012 R2 and install IIS and the vWorkpace Web Access role. Create a new vWorkspace web access site on the new server just for the HTML5 connector. 

I hope that helps!

Thanks, Sam

3 Posts

January 20th, 2015 03:00

Thanks A lot Sam.

I appreciate your tremendous efforts and guidance, yes my environment is virtualized and I'm going to take a snapshot as you advised before doing the inplace upgrade, if that didn't work, yes I have already upgraded the whole environment to 8.5 and I will do the second approach you instructed.

Thanks a lot for all the great assistance.

3 Posts

January 22nd, 2015 06:00

Hello Sam,

I have upgraded the connection broker OS to Windows server 2012 R2 successfully and thanks for the tremendous assistance you have provided, guidance and patience you had answering my inquiry

One last inquiry, when I used the HTML5 connector to connect to the desktops it connected normally but before showing the desktop, it give me an error with a message: the connection to the server was interrupted, and a button to reconnect, and it keeps doing the same thing.

I hope I'm not bothering and would appreciate if you can shed some light on where the problem is? or whether I should post this problem in a seperate thread if the forum obligations states that, I would be more than happy to do that :)

Regards

Habib

57 Posts

January 22nd, 2015 09:00

Hi Habib,

Not a problem, we're happy to help. :)

I haven't seen that issue before myself, perhaps if you have support you could log a case with a screenshot and we can take a closer look:

http://support.software.dell.com

Let me know when you have logged it and I will look out for it.

Thanks, Sam

No Events found!