Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 28th, 2011 09:00

can not join to domain,environment located in datacenter

Hello,

i am not able to join to domain during rapid provisioning of desktops. I would like to give you overview of my setup

i have co-location datacenter rented for my demo purpose and have two rack mounted server which are using Datacenter network. Now i have complete environment on hyper-v including AD, SCVMM,Vworkspace and they use IP address which is being released by Datacenter Network router/Firewall.

Now my issue is since i have AD in the network and during rapid provisioning every desktop has to pick IP from DHCP running in Network(Datacenter), provide DNS which is assigned in configration and it is causing failure in sysprep of desktop and joining to domain.

My question is how can i make it possible without disturbing any network comfiguraton.

I tried to put DNS entry in Host file of desktop before making it as template but i could not succeed.

My concern is if i have to setup such small environment always such network issues will come and all purpose will fail. Is ther any script or way to make this porssible.

Please help me i am in middle of crating demo for my client.

Thanks in advance

-Mohit Goyal

April 28th, 2011 13:00

Hello Mohit,

Did you try using fqdn for the domain  name instead of the netbios name within the sysprep customization file ?

and did you check the username and password for the account which you are using inside the sysprep customization file ?

join domain.jpg

Dennis

80 Posts

May 4th, 2011 12:00

hello Dennis,

thanks for the screenshot but i think i dint mean to ask this, let me explain you more about my environment

I have two Servers hosted in Datacenter and the datacenter has it`s own DHCP server releasing it`s own IP range and DNS addresses. now when i provision a computer and when vworkspace tries to sysprep it, it failed to join to domain (web.local) since there is no DNS entries of my domain.

since my setup is in datacenter network i can not modify DHCP and push my DNS inplace of Datacenter DNS.

ro overcome this situation i tried to create a Private Network with different subnet (10.9.30.0/24) and sysprep started working. but i am not able to get my setup on the internet since full setup is in private network.

i need your help about how can i configure secure-it and CB to make it avaiable to outside users too..

thanks ..

-Mohit Goyal

44 Posts

May 4th, 2011 17:00

Why don't you put your servers and VMs on the datacenter network and statically configure them to point to your DNS server?

44 Posts

May 5th, 2011 03:00

why don't you try scripting it? this might help

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee692588.aspx#EGAA

80 Posts

May 5th, 2011 03:00

hello Kelly,

I am more then happy if sysprep of rapidly provisioned computers works fine. My issue is because of not able to manually point Rapidly Provisioned computers to my DNS server.

80 Posts

May 5th, 2011 08:00

Hey Kelly,

Thanks for link this was really helpful and knowledgable...but in my test environment where DHCP is providing DNS and domain name , i an unable to replace them with script.

Does it really work with windows 2008 R2 and replace DHCP provided Entries.?

-Mohit Goyal

No Events found!