Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 21st, 2016 05:00

problems with the heartbeat of hyper-v servers (vworkspace 8.6.1)

Dear all

Since a few weeks or months we occasionally have some problems with the heartbeat between our hyper-v servers and the connection broker. The problem happens occasionally on several  or one hyper-v servers. And the effect is that sometimes we are loosing the heartbeat between CB an Hyper-V. The CB reports at this time that the Hyper-V Server is offline. Mostly after the night everything is fine and the CB reports tha the hyper-v Server is online again without any change.

Message in the Task View of the Hyper V :

Remote computer could not send a heartbeat to the broker. Remote computer could not send a heartbeat to the broker.(42010)

Things that I have already done :

- Test Connection and Ports from Hyper-V to the CB (5201,8080 e.t.c.)  -> All succesfully

- netstat -aon on CB -> Liste succesfully to appropriate ports 

- all Server Firewall are disabled

- Checked EventLogs 

- restart several times the server "Quest Hyper-V Catalyst"  on Hyper-V Server"

- gone through support.software.dell.com/.../58105

we are using in every environement vWorkspace 8.6.1 with actual patches and all involved Servers are Windows Server 2012 R2 with almost recent patches.

does anybody have some ideas or any suggestions ?

if you need any information just let me know.

kind regards

Thomas

mailto: <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

November 21st, 2016 07:00

4155 is the correct version for that patch so should be working.

We don't let you remove the server if there are VDIs associated with it so it would need you to remove the VDI from that server before you can remove it. 

November 21st, 2016 06:00

Hello Thomas,

You say you have "actual patches" but I am not sure what you mean by this.

I can confirm Mandatory Hotfix 593314 should fix this issue.

https://support.software.dell.com/kb/203815

This contains fixes for what you describe.

Once installed on the Broker, initialize the HyperV servers so that they get updated with the patch too. This might be the last step you're missing

Thanks, Andrew.

3 Posts

November 21st, 2016 07:00

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your fast anwser. I have already installed the patch Mandatory Hotfix 593314 and afterwards rebooted the CB. But I have still the same issue with one hyper-v.

The catalyst version on this  hyper-v  is 8.6.309.4155 like the three others which are running fine.

- Should the catalyst version on hyper-v not be updated after the mandatory patch on CB, when I manually initialize a hyper-v ?

- Is possible to remove the hyper-v host and add it afterwards during production time (users are logged in to VDI's) from CB ? Or is it better to stop all VDI's, remove hyper-v host and add the hyper-v again during off time ?

thx and cheers

Thomas

3 Posts

November 28th, 2016 04:00

we had to delete all VDI's and then remove the hyper-v host from CB. And after a reboot of the hyper-v server we added the host again and then it worked fine so far incl. heartbeat.

we also determined that sometimes the parent vhd file is not always successful deleted. we check now manually everytime we delete a parent vhd file.

No Events found!