Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 27th, 2011 12:00

vWorkspace 7.2 MR1 RemoteFX issue

Well I think it's related to RemoteFX....

Just updated our test lab to 7.2 MR1 (GA) after a succseful beta in our dev lab... All went very smoothly and so far so good apart from one issue...

When connecting to a RemoteFX VM I'm seeing the following error message....

RFXissue.png

Any ideas what that "actually means"?

All other VM's and RDS sessions are working fine. - including dynamic memory!

Our test lab is pretty much the same as the dev lab only difference is one is beta MR1 the other is final and the beta one works....

Dan.

30 Posts

April 27th, 2011 15:00

Daniel,

This looks like a problem we found when you have both the HyperV and RDSH roles installed on your HyperV box. Is this the case?  Apparently there is a licensing conflict when both of these roles installed when not using NLA authentication.  If the host is intended to be used for VDI, can you remove the RDSH role?

Marc

April 27th, 2011 13:00

Hey Dan,

Do you have the same issue if Graphics Acceleration (GA) is disabled? If so, was GA disabled or enabled in your dev lab?

180 Posts

April 27th, 2011 14:00

Hi Roman,

GA is disabled - in both environments...

EOP Xtream was enabled in the dev lab but not test.... but enabling this made no difference....

30 Posts

April 27th, 2011 17:00

No problem, glad that helped.  This isn't a typical use case, but I'm sure more people will hit this issue.  I'll let you know when/if this issue is resolved.

Marc

180 Posts

April 27th, 2011 17:00

H Marc,

Same problem here... Cheers for the tip!

I'm surprised it was enabled anyway but I have a habit of going on a checkbox frenzy when testing

Cheers,

Dan.

180 Posts

April 27th, 2011 18:00

I agree - Guessing a lot of people will hit it with POCs....

Cheers,

Dan

May 3rd, 2011 15:00

Marc:

I have the same error message when I try to connect to Windows 7 VM with RemoteFX enabled. I do not have RDSH enabled on my Hyper-V host.

Any suggestions?

Thansk

Mark

May 5th, 2011 08:00

I have the same error chaps - I have Hypernode1 and Hypernode2 in a cluster, and both are configured with the following bits:

Capture.PNG

They are licensed correctly, and when I RDP directly to the vDesktop from another machine on the LAN, it works fine, however, when I try to access via the Web Portal, I receive the licensing protocol error.  I've tested with and without GA enabled, and can successfully log on to another non-RemoteFX vDesktop from the same portal without issue.

Any guidance would be great!

Thanks!

Matt

180 Posts

May 5th, 2011 12:00

While we did have RDSH enabled and disabling the role solved the issue... We didn't on another server which happened to have the same error...

While the following sounds wrong/stupid...

We enabled the RDSH role, error still occurred and then we removed the role and this sorted the issue for us!

But I have a feeling you guys have other things going on...

Dan.

Same issue. I am able to use none RemoteFX VDI but have issues with RemoteFX desktop

180 Posts

ahh ok... worth a try

Thanks for the quick reply. I did enable RDSH reboot, then remove RDSH and reboot with the same result...

May 5th, 2011 20:00

Did you select "Use Kerberos/Network Level Authentication"  on the client?

May 6th, 2011 02:00

According to the post below if broker has 2008 R2 SP1 Use Kerberos/Network Level Authentication is not supported yet.

http://communities.quest.com/thread/2973

Is that means I need to remove SP1 from the broker?

Thanks

May 6th, 2011 12:00

I brought up addtional broker without SP1.

Use Kerberos/Network Level Authentication works with TS server but still have the same error with Windows 7.

Anythingelse i should try?

Thanks

No Events found!