Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 21st, 2011 00:00

vWorkspace and Parallels Containers

Hi,

I'm an old user of Citrix & VMware and am now investigating the posibilities of vWorkspace with Parallels, however i'm coming head to head with a few stumbling blocks.

We are using Win2k8R2

PVE 4.6 with between none & current updates.  With and without Win7 theme

vWorkspace 7.2.

I would like to use Parallels to host both single desktops and smaller RDSH servers, all of them pooled into a vWorkspace farm.

I have created desktop groups, with and without the Win7 theme and am able to connect to these from the portal without issue,

however i'm unable to connect to any containers that I configure to be RDSH.  If I build a VMware VM to be an RDSH server then I can access via vWorkspace without issue. I have tried RDSH with and without the Win7 theme.

Just wondering if anyone else out there is using vWorkspace and parallels to host small RDSH servers? (these servers will host approx 3-10 sessions)

Thanks

Mark

January 24th, 2011 21:00

Hello,

As you know, Parallels generally need to whitelist drivers in order to get programs to work. 

It sounds like they've done this for PNtools but perhaps they haven't done it yet for the vWorkspace Terminal Server enhancements and this is the issue you're hitting.

You might wish to ask Parallels if they can provide a whitelist for this.

Thanks, Andrew

February 1st, 2011 01:00

Hi Andrew, see this post here

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/virtualization/vworkspace/b/vworkspace-blog/archive/2011/01/27/quest-vworkspace-7-2-feature-spotlight-parallels-4-6-support

It looks as though it isn't possible at this stage, fingers crossed it becomes so soon

No Events found!