Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 18th, 2011 11:00

vWorkspace application issue

I have a w2k8r2 sp1 server which plays the role of connection broker as well as terminal server and have published an application Notepad.exe in there. If I try to launch the app from client it shows RDP failed with message like "The server is not enabled for remote accesss or server is not available etc.". Simple RDP to same server does work though. The server event log shows 35888 schannel error. Any idea?

Thanks

Bhim

57 Posts

October 19th, 2011 05:00

You'll need to re-install and select 'advanced' then.

228 Posts

October 18th, 2011 12:00

Hello Bhim,

Which vWorkspace installation option did you select, was it Simple or Advanced?

Do you know if you have installed the vWorkspace Terminal Services Role on the server, when installing vWorkspace?

Do you have UAC enabled on the server, you may want to disable this before testing again.

Which client application are you using to test, I assume that you are able to authenticate to the broker and see your published application icon for Notepad?

Regards

David

9 Posts

Hi David,

Thanks for the response Please find the answers below.

Which vWorkspace installation option did you select, was it Simple or Advanced? - Simple

Do you know if you have installed the vWorkspace Terminal Services Role on the server, when installing vWorkspace? - yes. Terminal server role was installed.

Do you have UAC enabled on the server, you may want to disable this before testing again. - UAC is disabled.

I've learnt that TS broker role and connection broker role can't exist in the same server. Is it the case?

Thanks

Bhim

9 Posts

Matt,

The installation does not allow me to modify. When I choose some feature, the next button is greyed out.

Bhim Raju

Systems Engineer

Direct: 91-080-41548839

Mobile- 91-9845431052

Email: braju@wyse.com

This communication is intended for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential information. We do not waive confidentiality by mistransmission. If you have received this communication in error, any use, dissemination, printing or copying is strictly prohibited; please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify the sender immediately.

57 Posts

Yes, they can exist on the same server. But, when you selected 'simple' this will not install the Quest TS Role so you'll need to go back and install this.

Don't forget to make sure to add the relevant AD users or groups to the local TS Users group.

9 Posts

October 19th, 2011 08:00

Matt,

Thanks once again for your super prompt response. I've downloaded a trial version and re-installed vWorkspace and that fixed the issue. I can wait for two weeks.

Regards

Bhim

228 Posts

Hi Bhim,

Can you please contact license@quest.com with your request, I am sorry but Quest Support are not able to process any license requests, this must go through our licensing team.

Kind Regards

David

57 Posts

I am at IP Expo for the next two days. Can you contact support to assist with this.

9 Posts

Thanks a ton David. I've sent an email for the licence request.

Bhim

9 Posts

Matt,

It seems to be license issue as my license is showing expired on 31/12/1889:) Can you throw some light on this?

Please help me with parmanent licence. My VMAC is 8A-E8-0D-6A-4C-C7. The license will be for mutual benefit.

Thanks

Bhim

email:braju@wyse.com

No Events found!