SRCOOL12K - Self Contained Portable Air Conditioning Unit - Black - Cooling Capa
Why is the SRCOOL12K a Good Investment?The SRCOOL12K SmartRack® Portable Cooling Unit solves cooling problems in areas where it isn't practical, efficient or affordable to install or expand computer room air conditioning (CRAC) or HVAC capacity. This unit also filters and dehumidifies air to enhance equipment performance. Designed for ease of use, the SRCOOL12K does not require a major capital expenditure, a disruptive construction project, installation assistance from costly specialists or time-consuming maintenance.
- Cool a rack enclosure, hot spot or EdgeReady™ micro data center using the flexible cooling duct.
- Cool a small room (up to 500 sq. ft.) using the adjustable louvered vents.
- Add supplemental cooling when new equipment overwhelms existing systems.
- Cool network equipment in improvised IT spaces.
SRCOOL12K Gen 2: Customer-Inspired Upgrades for Premium PerformanceAt Tripp Lite, customer satisfaction is the top priority. Customer feedback about the award-winning SRCOOL12K has resulted in second generation upgrades for improved durability in rigorous IT and commercial applications. To give customers greater peace of mind, Tripp Lite has also backed the SRCOOL12K with a new two-year warranty.
- Upgraded Coil Design and Materials: Withstand demanding continuous-run applications.
- Upgraded Hot Air Exhaust Fan: Maintains its effectiveness under a high heat load.
- Upgraded Motor-Start Capacitor: Larger capacity ensures dependable startup.
- Robust Packaging: Units arrive ready for use.
- Upgraded Firmware: Improves operation of the compressor and evaporator fan to prevent icing.
- Updated Remote Management: Optional network module has an improved OS.
Plug-and-Play Installation, Unattended Operation and Remote Management CapabilityThis portable close-coupled cooling unit does not require an electrician or HVAC specialist for installation. It plugs into a standard outlet and comes loaded with IT-friendly features to automate operation for extended periods. With a compact 12 x 20 in. (30 x 50.5 cm) footprint, the SRCOOL12K is a perfect fit for network closets and other small spaces.
- Easy Setup: Plugs into a standard 15-amp outlet and includes a window/ceiling exhaust kit.
- Built-in Evaporator: Prevents condensation from accumulating, which eliminates the need for a water collection tank.
- Automatic Restart: After a power failure, the unit restarts automatically with its most recent settings, eliminating the need for a site visit.
- Automatic Power Settings: The unit can turn on/off automatically.
- Optional Network Management Module: Add the SRCOOLNETLX (sold separately) to enable management over a network via SNMP, Web, SSH or telnet. Free PowerAlert® software enables management of multiple units from a single interface.
Eco-Friendly Close-Coupled DesignThis air conditioning unit is portable, so it can be used close to heat sources to reduce the distance required for delivery of cold air and removal of hot air. Less electricity is needed to power fans, saving energy and money.
- Focused Cooling: Unlike a perimeter cooling system, this unit directs air exactly where it is needed without wasting energy and money to lower the temperature of the entire room.
- Ozone-Safe Refrigerant: R410A refrigerant complies with environmental standards worldwide and does not contribute to ozone layer depletion.
- RoHS Compliance: This product complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, which limits the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Tripp Lite's award-winning SRCOOL12K, now in its second generation, is a portable, compact, self-contained air conditioning unit designed for server rooms, small network closets, back offices and other areas with heat-sensitive equipment that facility air conditioning can't reach. Design improvements based on customer feedback include upgraded commercial-grade components designed to last longer, including an upgraded hot air exhaust fan. The SRCOOL12K Gen 2 also boasts robust packaging for better protection from shipping damage and an updated two-year warranty.
This SmartRack server rack cooling unit pumps 12,000 BTU (3.5kW) of cooling into your IT environment to help prevent shutdowns, malfunctions and other failures caused by overheating or fluctuating temperatures. It uses environmentally friendly R410A refrigerant to comply with worldwide standards. An easy-to-read control panel with diagnostic LEDs provides convenient local management.
Close-coupled cooling delivers cold air near heat loads to discourage recirculation and increase energy efficiency. An included 71-inch flexible hose lets you aim the cold air to a specific spot, such as an overheated rack enclosure or an equipment hot spot. Hot air exits through a window or drop ceiling via an included exhaust kit. An upgraded hot air exhaust fan maintains effectiveness even under a high heat load. The unit also dehumidifies and filters the air, providing better air quality that can enhance operating conditions and equipment reliability.
With a 100-percent duty cycle, the SRCOOL12K can run continuously without costly downtime. It uses copper tubing that is stronger than the aluminum tubing used in most consumer cooling units. The copper allows higher pressures and better weld joints to stand up to the constant vibration of the running compressor.
The evaporator expels the condensed water through the directional exhaust duct, eliminating the need for a drain tube, drain pan or water collection tank and saving you time and money. No external condenser, refrigerant piping or professional maintenance is required for simple operation. Upgraded firmware allows the compressor to cycle on and off while the evaporator fan stays on to prevent icing in high-humidity environments.
Install the optional SRCOOLNETLX network module (sold separately) to monitor temperatures, receive alerts, review logs and control settings from anywhere, anytime, via SNMP, web browser, SSH, telnet or command line interface. The built-in LX Platform's PowerAlert Device Manager provides a single interface to cycle the connected air conditioner on and off, adjust its fan speed, change its target set point temperature and switch to dehumidification mode.
The self-contained SRCOOL12K requires no disruptive construction projects or costly service calls from plumbers or HVAC specialists. It rolls on four casters into a compact 12 x 20 inch area. The six-foot power cord's NEMA 5-15P plug with leakage current protection connects to a standard AC outlet. The unit is programmed to restart automatically after power failures, and a built-in timer allows unattended shutdown and startup. An upgraded motor-start capacitor with a larger capacity ensures a dependable startup.
The SRCOOL12K is backed by a robust 2-year warranty, ensuring reliability and performance.
Ratings & Reviews
Add the products you would like to compare, and quickly determine which is best for your needs.