Perfected to your vision.
Expand your ideas with the Precision 5820 Tower. Featuring high performance in a new innovative, versatile compact design.
Blazing fast performance
Built for your future
Improve productivity with the Dell Precision Optimizer
Reliability where it matters mostStay safe, stay secure: Reduce downtime with Dell Reliable Memory Technology (RMT) Pro. Designed to work with ECC memory, RMT protects your machine from potential crashes by mapping out bad memory locations after the system reboots.
Reliably access your data: Improve the availability of your data with hardware and software optional RAID storage options including PCIe NVMe SSDs and optional Smart Card (CAC/PIV) readers that let you determine who can access your system.
Your work can count on it: Precision Workstations are tested to ensure the high-performance applications you rely on every day run smoothly. Dell ISV-certifications cover the most popular independent software applications.
Al-ready Data Science WorkstationsIntelligently designed for Data Scientists. The latest Precision Data Science Workstations utilize Al to empower users to get their most important work done faster by fine-tuning their devices for optimized performance of the applications they use the most.
Manage and secure with ease
Manage all of your Windows 10 endpoints from one console with Dell Client Command Suite and VMware® Workspace ONE™ integration.
Comprehensive threat prevention
With SafeGuard and Response, you have the tools and security experts to protect your ecosystem from cyber threats, giving you the freedom and peace of mind to focus on other strategic initiatives.
Dell unique vPro extensions can remotely manage and run diagnostics on a fleet of devices, whether they are powered on or off.
Ports & Slots
Dimensions & Weight
Essential accessories for your Precision 5820 Tower
Bring your ideas to life with the groundbreaking new workspace that enables natural digital creation. Featuring an intuitive touch screen, pen and totems.
Dell UltraSharp Ultra HD 4K Monitor with PremierColor | UP3216Q
The perfect display for ideal color coverage and incredible clarity on color-critical projects.
Dell Wireless Premium Keyboard and Mouse Combo | KM717
Keep your desk clutter-free with a modern wireless keyboard and mouse combo with scissor chiclet keys and LED tracking.
- Intel® Xeon® Processor W Family CPUs (Skylake-W) with up to 10 cores per processor and Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions, Intel® Trusted Execution Technology, Intel® AES New instructions, Optimized Intel® Turbo Boost and optional Intel® vPro™ technology
Operating System (Dell recommends Windows 10 Pro for business.)
- Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.3
Ubuntu Linux 16.04
NeoKylin 6.0 SP3 (China only)
- Support for 2 PCI Express® x16 Gen 3 graphics card2 - up to 600W with maximum of up to 2 x 300W double width graphics cards.
High end 3D cards:
Radeon™ Pro WX 9100
Radeon™ Pro SSG (future)
NVIDIA® Quadro® GP100
NVIDIA® Quadro® P6000
NVIDIA® Quadro® P5000
Mid-range 3D cards:
Radeon™ Pro WX 7100
Radeon™ Pro WX 5100
Radeon™ Pro WX 4100
NVIDIA® Quadro® P4000
NVIDIA® Quadro® P2000
Entry 3D cards:
Radeon™ Pro WX 3100
Radeon™ Pro WX 2100
NVIDIA® Quadro® P1000
NVIDIA® Quadro® P600
NVIDIA® Quadro® P400
Professional 2D cards:
NVIDIA® NVS 310
NVIDIA® NVS 315
- Four channel memory up to 256GB 2666MHz DDR4 ECC memory. 8 DIMM slots
Note: Memory speed is dependent on specific Intel® Xeon Processor W Family processor installed.
- Front accessible FlexBays support up to 4 x 2.5”/3.5” SATA HDD/SSDs and up to 6 x 2.5” and 5 x 3.5” drives with 5.25” bay populated.
Up to 2 front accessible (hot plug) M.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs are supported in FlexBays on enabled PCIe chassis with integrated Intel® controller.
NVMe RAID 0,1 option (Intel® RSTe vROC). Dell M.2 carrier with PCIe SSD for PCIe FlexBay available
as customer kit.
Up to 4 x M.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs via 1 x Dell Ultra-Speed Drive Quad x16 card. NVMe RAID 0,1,10 option (Intel® RSTe vROC).
M.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs
Up to 4 x 1TB drives on 1 Dell Precision Ultra-Speed Drive Quad x16 cards.
Front FlexBay M.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs
Up to 2 x 1TB drives
2.5” SATA SSD
Up to 6 x 1TB drives
2.5” SAS SSD
Up to 6 x 800GB drives
3.5” SAS 7200 RPM 12Gb/s
Up to 5 x 4TB
2.5” SAS 10K RPM 12Gb/s
Up to 6 x 1.8TB
2.5” SAS 15K RPM 12Gb/s
Up to 6 x 900GB
2.5” Self Encrypting Drives
512GB 2.5” SED (OPAL/ FIPS (140-2) HDD
M.2 PCIe SED SSD
2 USB 3.1 Type A
2 USB 3.1 Type C
1 Universal Headphone Jack
Up to 2 (future 4) PCIe slots in PCIe enabled chassis for M.2 and U.2 (future) PCIe SSDs
1 USB 2.0
1 USB 2.0 header (requires 3rd party splitter cable to support USB 2.0 Type A ports)
8 SATA @6Gb/s plus 1 SATA for optical
6 USB 3.1 Type A
1 RJ45 Network
1 Audio Line out
1 Audio Line in/Microphone
- All slots PCIe Gen 3
2 PCIe x16
1 PCIe x16 wired as x8
1 PCie x16 wired as x4
1 PCIe x16 wired as x1
1 PCI 32/33
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 16.45'' (417.9 mm) x Width: 6.94'' (176.5 mm) x Depth: 20.4'' (518.3 mm) x Starting weight: 32 lb (15.9kg)
- Bays: (2) FlexBays and (1) 5.25” FlexBay (can support 1 x 3.5” or 2 x 2.5” HDD/SSD drives as factory option or customer kit)
(1) Slimline optical bay; (1) SD slot UHS ll Class 3 with read only support (SW enabled)
Available PCIe chassis with PCIe FlexBays supporting M.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs and U.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs. PCIe FlexBay customer kit available.
- Energy Star® configurations available including 80 PLUS® registered Gold power supplies; EPEAT® registered (see epeat.net for specific registration rating/status by country); China CECP; GS Mark. For a complete listing of declarations & certifications, see Dell’s regulatory & compliance homepage at dell.com/regulatory_compliance
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment