Return Policy for Consumers, Business Customers and Resellers – Latin America, except Brazil
For all purchases of Dell Products made through a reseller, the respective reseller's return terms will apply. In this regard, an end customer who has purchased a Dell Product through a reseller may not return the Dell Product to Dell without its express prior written consent and in accordance with the provisions contained herein.
1) If you are considered a Consumer under the applicable local laws and you purchased your Dell Product directly from Dell, over the internet or over the phone, the following rules apply:
- In any country except Mexico: you may return the Dell Product, without giving any reason, in accordance with the time limits set forth by the applicable local law. In the event of withdrawal, the payment of the shipping and import costs corresponding to the return of the good will be borne by Dell.
- In Mexico: you may return the Dell Product, without giving any reason, within 5 (five) business days from the date you received of the Dell Product and in accordance with the requirements established in Article 99 of the Federal Consumer Protection Law.
Once the time limits set out by the local laws have elapsed, it will be understood that the Dell Product has been satisfactorily delivered and therefore returns will not be accepted without cause.
2) If you are a Business Customer who purchased Dell Products, the following rules apply:
Note: For Mexico only: This section applies to customers who purchased directly from Dell in excess of the amount prescribed by Section 99 of the Mexican Consumer Protection Law.
- Unless you have a separate agreement with Dell that sets forth the contrary, all hardware, accessories, peripherals and parts may be returned to Dell upon request provided it is approved by Dell within 30 calendar days from the invoice date for a refund or credit of the purchase price paid.
- Return Fees: Unless the Dell Product is defective or the return is the direct result of an error by Dell, Dell may charge a return fee of 15% of the purchase price paid, plus any applicable sales tax, less shipping and handling charged on your Dell invoice, and which would be applied through a reduction in your refund or total credit.
- Unless you have a separate agreement with Dell to the contrary, you may NOT return Dell Products to Dell without Dell´s express written consent. In the event that Dell accepts the return, Dell may charge a return fee plus any applicable sales tax, which will be deducted from your refund or total credit, or a debit memo will be issued, at Dell's discretion.
4) Incorrect or damaged Dell Products.
- If the Dell Product is damaged or if you received a wrong Dell Product, you may return it within 30 days from the invoice date.
- Software cannot be returned at any time, unless the returned software is:
- Application software or operating systems installed by Dell on a returnable system that is returned within the applicable return period; or
- Unopened media-based software found in its sealed package or, if delivered electronically, software that has not been accepted by clicking on the terms to accept the applicable terms.
- APEX, servers*, data storage, data protection, converged infrastructure, hyperconverged infrastructure, and networking products;
- Dell Wyse and Wyse™ branded products;
- Non-Dell-branded enterprise software and hardware products;
- Customized products;
- Volume licensing, unless there is a written agreement granting such authority.
- Before returning a Dell Product, you must first contact Dell customer service and obtain a Return Credit Authorization (CRA) number before the end of the applicable return period. Dell will not accept returns without a CRA number. To find the right phone number or email customer service to request a CRA number, go to www.dell.com/contactus or refer to the "How to Contact Dell" or "Getting Help" section of the customer documentation. To start an online return, click here and select your country in top right corner of the screen.
- Obtain the CRA Number, according to the guidelines indicated in this document.
- Send the Product to Dell. Please note that all approved returns must be received by Dell within 30 days of the CRA issuance date. For partial returns, your refund or credit may be less than the price of the invoice or individual component, due to promotional or bundled pricing or any unannounced discounts or concessions.
- Dell Products must be returned in their original packaging, in the same condition in which they were received, along with any media, documentation and any other items that were included in their original shipment.
- Monitors must be returned along with the original box and protective padding. If you do not have the original packaging, you must provide suitable packaging separately.
- Upon receipt of your return, Dell will issue a credit or refund of the purchase price paid, which may be reduced by the amount of shipping and handling fees and any applicable restocking fees subject to this policy.
NOTE 2: Systems configured with an 8th Gen Intel® CPU or later are designed to work optimally with the Microsoft Windows 11 operating system. Removing the factory-installed operating system to run an operating system other than Windows 11 (such as Windows XP or Windows 10) may render the product ineligible to be returned to Dell for a refund or cause system instability and performance issues that may not be covered by your warranty agreements, support or service.
NOTE 3: If your purchase qualifies for a promotion offered by Dell that extends the return period for a specific product, the return rights and obligations included in the promotion will apply to your purchase. In addition, the term set forth in the rules of such promotion shall be concurrent with the term set forth in this Return Policy, if any. If you do not follow the rules of the promotion, the standard Return Policy will apply.
Dell reserves the right to deny any return in circumstances involving repeated returns, violation of Dell's Terms of Sale and/or Promotion Rules, or other prohibited activity.
Dell Latin America Corp., Argentina Branch
Juana Manso 1069, 4to. apartment, Buenos Aires City, C1107CBU Argentina
Dell Computer de Chile Ltda.
Avenida El Bosque Norte Nº 211, Piso 7, Las Condes, (7550092) Santiago, Chile
Dell Colombia Inc.
Carrera 7 No. 113-43, Oficina 1401, Bogotá, D.C., Colombia
Dell Mexico S.A. de C.V.
Av. Javier Barros Sierra 540 Torre 1, piso 10, Colonia Lomas de Santa Fe, Álvaro Obregón, C.P. 01219, Mexico City, Mexico
Dell Peru S.A.C.
Av. Circunvalación Golf Los Incas 170, Oficinas 2401 y 2402, Torre A, Santiago de Surco (15023), Lima, Peru
Rev. Feb. 2024