Flash at the price of disk.
Gain up to 2x price advantage over competitive hybrid-flash solutions and up to 5x price advantage over other all-flash solutions.
- SC8000 Front-end connectivity
Fibre Channel (4Gb, 8Gb, 16Gb), iSCSI (1Gb, 10Gb), FCoE (10Gb) Simultaneous interface support
SC8000 Maximum front-end ports
16 (Fibre Channel), 10 (1Gb iSCSI), 10 (10Gb iSCSI), 10 (FCoE) per controller
NOTE: SC8000 controller can support up to 16 FC front-end ports with 4-port low-profile SAS back-end IO option.
SC8000 Back-end connectivity
SAS (6Gb, 3Gb), Fibre Channel (2Gb, 4Gb, 8Gb)
SC8000 Maximum back-end ports
16 (FC), 20 (SAS) per controller
NOTE: No SATA ports, FC and SATA enclosures are connected to 8Gb Fibre Channel IO card.
Environmental Operating Conditions
- SC8000 controller
Power: Dual, redundant 750W 80 Plus® Platinum-certified power supplies
Maximum Power: 425W
Max Heat dissipation: 1,450 BTU/hr
Operating temperature: 50 - 95°F (10 - 35°C)
Non-operating temperature: -40 - 149°F (-40 - 65°C) Operating humidity ranges (non-condensing): 20% to 80%
Non-operating humidity (non-condensing): 5% to 95%
Inlet type: NEMA 5-15/CS22.2, n°42
Fan: 6 internal hot-pluggable fans
Flash-optimized solutionsDell Compellent Flash-Optimized Solutions provide all-flash or hybrid-flash storage with the SC220 enclosure and enhanced Storage Center 6.4 firmware. Flash-Optimized Solutions are designed to provide very-high-performance, low-latency storage to:
- Boost performance for enterprise applications, such as Oracle and SQL
- Accelerate OLTP, ERP systems and other I/O-intensive workloads
- Improve throughput and latency for virtual desktop environments
- Help lower data center power consumption and cooling requirements
- Help reduce rack space by up to 84% and reduce latency by up to 90%*
Storage Center 6.4Enhanced SC6.4 firmware provides exceptional capabilities designed to separate the Dell Compellent Flash-Optimized solutions from other all-flash and hybrid-flash solutions.
- It is the first storage solution in its class to tier sub-LUN data across traditional rotating drives, write-optimized single-level cell (SLC) SSDs, and read-optimized multi-level cell (MLC) SSDs*.
- With the ability to tier across write-intensive SLC SSDs and lower-cost, high-capacity, read-intensive MLC SSDs in a single solution, Dell Compellent Flash-Optimized solutions can reduce costs up to 80 percent compared to other Flash-Optimized Solutions*.
- Dell Compellent Flash-Optimized solutions offer up to an approximate 2x price advantage over hybrid-flash solutions and up to an approximate 5x price advantage over competitive all-flash solutions*.