Introducing true HD resolution for DellTM PrecisionTM mobile workstations
Introducing DellTM PrecisionTM mobile workstations with true HD resolution on 16:9 aspect ratio displays. The new aspect ratio is optimized for viewing High Definition content.
Expect High Quality with DellTM Premium Panel LCDs
The image on your DellTM PrecisionTM mobile workstation's display is made of tiny dots called pixels. Dell Precision displays with Premium Panel Guarantee are premium within the industry because they are guaranteed, during the term of the Limited Hardware Warranty* to have zero pixels stuck in the "on" position – a factor that results in a bright dot on the display. This means that all pixels are working to provide the best image possible.
See More with DellTM UltraSharpTM LCDs
DellTM offers UltraSharpTM LCDs on Dell PrecisionTM mobile workstations. The UltraSharpTM LCDs have higher resolution and with higher resolution you will have more pixels on your LCD panel – for example, an FHD resolution will have 1920 horizontal pixels on 1080 lines while an HD display has 1366 horizontal pixels on 768 lines. DellTM UltraSharpTM LCDs can provide an excellent viewing experience and increase the amount of viewable content for a number of business-related tasks, including:
- Simultaneously working with multiple open applications on your desktop
- Working with large spreadsheets with multiple rows and columns of content
- Working with resolution-intensive digital content creation or data visualization applications
- Crisper reproduction of images and video
- A better overall viewing experience
Dell Precision laptops offer a range of LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) resolution options up to WUXGA (Widescreen Ultra eXtended Graphics Array), which delivers enough resolution for high definition television (ATSC). All Dell Precision LCD options are described by display-standard abbreviations such as WXGA, HD, WXGA+, FHD and WUXGA. See the "Compare Side-by-Side" tab to see the resolutions offered on Dell PrecisionTM mobile workstations.
Experience More with Enhanced Display Options
Overall, the quality of the image on your Dell Precision laptop's display depends on several factors, including resolution, brightness, contrast ratio, color gamut, and viewing angle. In addition to premium quality, Dell offers a wide range of performance opportunities, including panels with an RGBLED backlight, which allows 100% color gamut. See the key definitions below to learn more about the various attributes and metrics of an LCD screen.
- Size: Laptop screens are measured diagonally from the corners, this usually does not include the bezel like many desktop monitors.
- Resolution: The physical number of columns and rows of pixels creating the display. For example, a 1280x800 display has 1280 horizontal pixels on 800 lines. The more pixels you have, the higher the resolution, which means more can be displayed on the screen.
- Brightness: The amount of light emitted from the display. This is also known as luminance and is measured in nits or candela per square meter. A typical Dell laptop emits about 220 nits.
- Other attributes:
Antiglare (AG): A matte finish that diffuses light, resulting in no reflection and narrower viewing angles. Anti-Glare technology is designed to reduce the intensity of reflected light from the surrounding environment, making it ideal for typical office settings as well as for the varying lighting conditions in environments, such as customer sites, airports and other public spaces.
TrueLifeTM : A TrueLife display has a glossy appearance which amplifies the contrast ratio of the panel. TrueLife technology delivers darker blacks and colors that pop for vivid graphics and lifelike video. It is ideal for home, gaming or video use.
- UltraSharpTM : UltraSharp panels are those panels that have a ppi (pixels per inch) of 120 or higher.
- Contrast Ratio: The ratio of the intensity of the brightest bright to the darkest dark.
- Viewing Angle: The maximum angle at which a display can be viewed with acceptable visual performance. A standard viewing angle offers 80o horizontally and 45o vertically while wide viewing angles offer at least 110o horizontally and 90o vertically.
- Backlight: The form of illumination used in an LCD display. Backlights help determine the brightness and color gamut of the laptop. Currently, Dell uses the following backlights in Dell Precision laptops:
WLED (White Light Emitting Diode): Power Efficient and Mercury Free
RGBLED (Red, Green, Blue Light Emitting Diode): High Color Availability, High Brightness, Power Efficient, and Mercury Free
- Color Gamut: How many types of colors are supported or a certain complete subset of colors. 42-45% is typical on a standard CCFL panel. Dell Precision laptop panels with RGBLED backlights offer 100% color gamut for the ultimate experience in working with graphics and color.
Enjoy more with PremierColor
PremierColor is a color technology sub-brand from Dell which encapsulates the key attributes of color such as precise color accuracy, compatibility with industry color standard, internal color space selection as well as amazing color gamut and depth. PremierColor is supported on new Dell PrecisionTM laptops with an RGBLED backlight..See the key attributes below to learn more about PremierColor technology.
- Consistent and precise color: PremierColor-supported Dell PrecisionTM laptops are shipped with factory level pre-defined color spaces such as AdobeRGB, sRGB, and NTSC to deliver accurate image color data. PremierColor supported Precision LCDs are also using IPS (In Plane Switching) technology which provides a world-class viewing experience with no color distortion from any angle delivering consistent performance.
- Alignment with industry color standards: Alignment with industry color standards : PremierColor-supported Dell PrecisionTM laptops have 100% color gamut coverage which can cover 72% sRGB, 100% NTSC and 100% AdobeRGB
- Internal color space selection: PremierColor-supported Dell PrecisionTM laptops come with internal color space selection ability via installed application. Color space selection enables the users to select their desired color space such as NTSC, sRGB and Adobe based on their desired output without having to use external calibration tools.
- Amazing color gamut and color depth: Premier color supported Dell PrecisionTM laptops offer over 100% color gamut with true 30-bit color depth which supports over 1.07 billion color palettes. The concentrated Red, Green and Blue LED lights generates true deep black in high contrast.