All users must be assigned to one of eight User Roles within their Access Group. User Roles control a user's ability to do the following:
- Place orders
- Retrieve E-Quotes created by other users
- Manage User Role assignments
- Manage Access Group settings and membership
Eight User Roles defined:
Site Administrators have access to all Premier shopping and buying functionality, all site customization tools, and all user management tools. They have the sole authority to create, modify, and assign users to Access Groups and also have comprehensive shopping and buying privileges across all Access Groups within their Premier Page.
User Administrators can assign User Roles to others within their own Access Group. A User Administrator cannot create or modify Access Groups, but can invite new users to their Access Group. In effect, a User Administrator does not customize site content for users but can specify the degree of buying authorization for users within their Access Group. User Administrators also have comprehensive shopping and buying privileges and can retrieve the E-Quotes of any user in their Access Group.
Site E-Quote Buyer
Site E-Quote Buyers have comprehensive buying privileges but no site customization privileges that can affect other users. They can save E-Quotes and retrieve E-Quotes saved by any member of any Access Group, and place orders.
Site E-Quote Shopper
Site E-Quote Shoppers can view any content that is specified for their Access Group. They can save E-Quotes and retrieve E-Quotes saved by any member of any Access Group, but have no buying privileges.
E-Quote Buyers have comprehensive buying privileges but no site customization privileges that can affect other users. They can save E-Quotes and retrieve E-Quotes saved only by members of their own Access Group, and place orders.
Buyers can save and retrieve only their own E-Quotes, and place orders.
Shoppers can view any content that is specified for their Access Group and can save E-Quotes, but have no buying privileges.
Shopper No Price
Shoppers can view any content that is specified for their Access Group and can save E-Quotes, but have no buying privileges. Users with this role will have no visibility to pricing.
Capabilities Chart showing the eight user roles and capabilities.
Accessing Manage Users from within Account Options
1. Go to “Quick Links” located at the top right of the page and select ‘Account Options.’
2. Under the “Manage Access” section select “Manage Users.”
3. To add a new user, select “Add New User.”
4. When the “Add New User” screen appears, enter the new user’s e-mail address and select “Add” to get to the next screen “View / Edit User.”
5. Within the “View / Edit User” screen enter the user’s information (first name, last name, e-mail address).
6. Select Authorized Buyer if you want the new user’s name to appear in the Authorized Buyer list during Premier Online Checkout.
7. Select Automatic Order Notification if you want this user to receive e-order notifications on every single order that your organization places online through Premier. Note: Most users prefer to have this feature disabled.
8. Select the Access Group.
9. Select the User Role (e.g. Shopper, Buyer, Administrator).
10. Click the “Save and Send Email to User” button to complete the process.