Dell Client Migration and Deployment Services are designed to save cost and deployment time, mitigate risk, and reduce network traffic to ensure a successful migration. This service offers the following benefits:
- Reduce Costs: Reduce overall project costs by up to 62%*.
- Reduce Disruption: Reduces user downtime, minimizes impact to support organizations; and minimizes network and server congestion.
- Reduce Risk: Avoids manual steps and decision points.
- Improves availability, security and compliance.
|How To Purchase ||Contact your Dell Sales Representative or call 1-800-WWW-DELL|
Tailored Services to Meet Your Needs
The Right Approach to Client Migration and Deployment
Client Migration and Deployment Spec Sheet
AssessmentsStrategic guidance to make informed decisions about the scope of your deployment requirements and the benefits of an optimized approach.
Client Deployment Assessment
- Assessment of a customer’s environment, including recommendations to improve efficiency, reduce complexity and maximize the return on IT investment.
- Return On Investment (ROI) based business case for improving quality and lowering costs for PC deployment.
- Client Deployment Assessment Datasheet
Application Compatibility Reporting
- Assessment of customer application portfolio with impact consideration, compatibility and gaps when migrating to new operating system.
- Report analysis of portfolio compatibility including detailed issue identification for each application.
Windows Vista Readiness Assessment
- Detailed analysis of the customer’s readiness to move to Windows Vista.
- Designed to identify application compatibility, hardware compatibility, preparedness to migrate and provide recommendations to ensure a smooth transition.
- Windows Vista Readiness Assessment Datasheet
Preparation of detailed plans for optimized deployment of customized hardware including ongoing management and support, to help ensure achievement of business objectives.
- Consulting engagement designed to assist in everything from image creation to factory integration.
- A suite of offerings designed to streamline migration and ensure compatibility with operating systems and other applications.
- Set up and design of automated deployment centered on customer business needs.
- Design of optimized and scalable deployment process that is repeatable.
- Trains IT staff to prepare the organization for new technology, new deployment and management model.
ImplementationA managed deployment, delivered on time and within budget, ensuring mitigation of risk and achievement of business objectives as well as an enhanced user experience.
- Train end users to prepare them for migration process and to use the new technology upon receipt.
Custom Factory Integration PC Refresh or In-place Migration
- Hardware installation and packaging removal.
- End user specific automated image and applications configuration, data and settings migration.
- Environmentally responsible way to recycle, resell, or dispose of used PC components and which helps comply with local regulatory guidelines.
- Service includes overwriting readable hard drives, shredding inoperable disks*, equipment disposal, logistics management, and documentation.
- Asset Recovery and Recycling Services Brochure
- On-site support staff for day-after migration support.
Program and Project Management
- End-to-end management by an experienced Dell Project Manager from Assessment all the way to Management.
- Detailed planning, scheduling, Service Level Agreement (SLA) management and project communications.
- End User Satisfaction Measurement and Reporting , and Continuous Improvement.
Lifecycle management of services based on industry best practice, delivering a stable and responsive service that accurately addresses business needs, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Ongoing Technology Refresh
- Ongoing application packaging including Quality Assurance (QA), conflict management and optional UAT testing co-ordination.
- Ongoing compatibility assurance with operating system to which the customer plans to migrate.
- Packaging for chosen new application distribution technologies (such as application virtualization and streaming).
- Application Management Datasheet
Ongoing End-User Training
- Ongoing refresh of customer desktop and notebook systems using Dell optimized products, services and support.
- Post migration technology training for new users.
Reduce Deployment Costs by up to 62%
"The research shows that companies that optimize their deployment practices enjoy significantly lower costs to
deploy PCs, as much as 62% less (over $400 per PC) compared with companies with basic deployment practices."
- IDC Opinion, Dell PC Deployment Optimization Model Whitepaper*
Migrate on time, on budget, and unharmed
Client Migration and Deployment is a holistic migration solution mapped to your business requirements and underpinned by best practice program and project management.
- Deployment paradigm change from labor intensive implementation to a robust upfront planning and highly automated model.
- Dell patented technologies leverage industry standards to increase automation which dramatically reduces the desk-side labor and logistics involved in pc deployment.
- Scalable and simplified image management by moving to a consolidated, factory installed, imaging service.
- Increased end user productivity and satisfaction as applications are rationalized and packaged in a way that can ensure compatibility with customer Operating System.
- Simplified procurement and logistics as any PC can be delivered to any user and then automatically configured for specific requirements.
- Visibility and velocity of problem resolution through centralized monitoring & incident provided by Dell operations & project managers.