What are the benefits of Dell DDR2?
Dell DDR2 Memory is currently the fastest Dell Memory available. This new memory technology has a system architecture that goes beyond standard DDR specification, which allows it to take advantage of ever-increasing processor speeds.
Dell DDR2 is different from earlier memory technologies in that it:
- Helps maximize CPU performance.
- Can operate at fast data rates, such as 400MHz, 533MHz, 667MHz, and beyond!
- Expertly handles memory-intensive applications used on today's faster, feature-packed systems.
- Has a low operating voltage and temperature, which can:
increase notebook battery life.
improve server performance.
- Has an efficient design.
Some components currently found on a motherboard are integrated into the DDR2 memory chips themselves, which can lower overall system cost.
Who can upgrade with Dell DDR2 Memory?
DDR2 memory modules have a different number of pins than standard DDR modules and their notches are in different places. Therefore, the two types of memory cannot be used interchangeably in the same memory socket. And while some motherboards do have memory slots for both DDR and DDR2, most systems will only accept one type of memory technology. To upgrade with Dell DDR2, your system must be designed to accept DDR2 memory technology.
It's easy to find out if your Dell system accepts DDR2. All you have to do is look it up in the Dell Memory Selector!
DDR2 Installation Tips
- DDR2 modules have a different number of pins than DDR modules.
- DDR2 memory notches are in a different location than DDR notches.
- DDR2 can only be used in systems designed specifically for DDR2 memory technology.
- Use the Dell Memory Selector to find out if your Dell system accepts DDR2 memory!
Adding a Dell Memory Upgrade can improve performance
Upgrading your DDR2-based system with Dell DDR2 memory can lead to significant performance gains! In fact, tests show that adding memory is a simple way to increase system performance, productivity, and efficiency. With a Dell Memory upgrade, you can:
- Run more programs simultaneously.
- Work with graphics-intensive programs.
- Speed up computer response time.
- Help reduce performance lags.
- Help maintain your system's performance when adding new software or upgrading the OS.
Adding Dell Memory to your notebook can improve mobility
Too little memory in a notebook forces you to use the hard drive more, draining your battery and slowing the entire system down. Adding more Dell DDR2 Memory to your DDR2-based notebook can save both time and battery power.
- Additional software requires more memory to operate smoothly. Examples include:
Find the right Dell Memory upgrades for your system in the Dell Memory Selector.