Operating System Installation
The Lifecycle Controller (LCC) provides a simple way of installing a supported Operating System
onto your PowerEdge server including drivers you would need.
This is advised to use the LifeCycle Controller but this is also possible to directly start on a bootable device (ISO file, media) to install an operating system. Some Operating System like VMware ESXi can be directly installed from the media.
The steps have been made as easy as possible:
Step by step pictures:
- Press F10 during boot to enter the LCC
- Select OS Deployment in the left hand menu
- Click Deploy OS
- Select Configure RAID First or Go Directly to OS Deployment depending on if you have a RAID set up already or not
- If apliccable, follow the wizard to set up the RAID disk as you want
- Select Manual or Automatic install as needed
- Insert the OS installation disk
- Follow the OS installation wizard (If Manual install has been selected)
Here a collection of useful how-to videos:
Note: It is sometimes necessary to update the lifecycle controller to ensure the most relevant Firmware and Drivers are available for your system.