4Gb Fibre Channel solution for Dell blade servers
The Brocade M4424 Fibre Channel blade switch provides 4Gb storage area network (SAN) connectivity for data centers deploying Dell blade servers.
- Up to 24 ports available for connecting up to 16 servers and up to eight external SAN ports
- Available as full-fabric Brocade SAN switch or N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) Access Gateway SAN switches
The Dell™ PowerEdge™ M1000e blade enclosure and Brocade M4424 SAN Switch provide robust solutions for Fibre Channel SAN deployments. Not only does this offering help simplify and reduce the amount of SAN hardware components required for a deployment, but it also maintains the scalability, performance, interoperability, and management of traditional SAN environments.
The SAN Switch ships in one of two configurations:
Fast, Reliable 4 Gbit/sec Performance
- Combines up to 24 ports of industry-leading 4Gbit/sec technology with Ports on Demand scaling from 12 to 24 ports, allowing “pay-as-you-grow.”
- Operates in Access Gateway mode allowing connectivity to any Fabric – including Brocade, Cisco, and McDATA.
Simplified Deployment and Management
- Simplify deployment and management of a Dell blade server environment with the dual-function Brocade M4424, providing NPIV-based Access Gateway functionality or full-fabric switch functionality.
Excellent Value for a Variety of SAN Environments
- Easily integrate Fibre Channel (FC) technology into new or existing Storage Area Network (SAN) environments using the PowerEdge M1000e blade enclosure, Brocade M4424 4Gbps FC SAN Switch (Brocade M4424) and Dell/EMC storage.
- Brocade ASIC expanded capabilities, including World Wide Name (WWN) and device-level zoning.
Faster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today, the Dell™ ProSupport™* portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
- Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 24x7? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician.
- Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support with Fast-Track Dispatch, along with 24x7 access to Dell-certified technicians.
Dell™ ProSupport™ for End Users
Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff, this offering includes:
- 24x7 direct break-fix hardware support for your employees
- "How-to" support on popular software applications such as Norton™ AntiVirus, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft® Small Business Server, Intuit® QuickBooks®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe® Acrobat®
- Access to a certified technician in two minutes or less
Dell™ ProSupport™ for IT
Designed for organizations with dedicated IT staff. Includes:
- 24x7 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell's Global Command Centers
|Customization and Set up|
- Installation — Dell provides streamlined standard installation services so you can easily choose the specific package that quickly gets new systems into the workspace and old systems out.
- Maintenance — You can upgrade to three years of part or unit hardware replacement, with either same-day, four-hour or next-business-day response.