Transparently connect Dell™ M-Series blade servers into the LAN of your choice.
Connecting to XAUI-based 10GbE mezzanine cards (10Gb Ethernet Pass-Through II) and KR-based 10GbE mezzanine cards and NDCs (10Gb Ethernet Pass-Through-k).
Dell 10GbE Pass-Through Modules ensure 10Gb Ethernet interoperability for M-Series blade deployments. Since pass throughs are transparent devices, they are unseen in LAN topologies and provide direct Ethernet connectivity from server blades to external LANs. This level of interoperability can be beneficial when seeking to integrate blade servers into existing LANs from any partner of your choice.
Plug and done
As unmanaged devices, Dell 10Gb Ethernet Pass-Through Modules require no setup, configuration or management. Simply plug the unit into the M1000e chassis and connect cables to the sixteen optional shortwave SFP+ optical transceivers, and you’re done. The modules automatically connect at 10 Gbps on a port-by-port basis, enabling traffic to begin flowing from server blade to external 10Gb network switch.
By statically tying each internal (server) port to its corresponding external port, the 10GbE Pass-Through Modules help deliver dedicated and isolated bandwidth between each server blade and the LAN without compromise. The sixteen external ports in each module also help maximize the available Ethernet bandwidth from your M1000e to your LAN.
32 total Ethernet ports: 16 internal (server) ports and 16 external (LAN) ports
1:1 Internal-external port pairs provide dedicated connections for isolated bandwidth between server and LAN
Ships with all 32-ports enabled
All external ports are hot-pluggable, enabling expansion without server interruption
All ports enabled standard
External ports also support 10Gb SFP+ LR optics and SFP+ Direct-Attach (copper) cables (0.5m, 1m, 3m, 5m, 7m)
Supported Adapters (by model):Adapter (NIC/CNA) support varies based on model of Pass Through
Dell 10Gb Ethernet Pass Through II supports the following XAUI-based adapters:
Broadcom 57710 mezzanine card
Broadcom 57711 mezzanine card
Intel X520 mezzanine card
Intel X520-x/k mezzanine card
QLogic QME8142 mezzanine card
Emulex OCm10102-f-m mezzanine card
Dell 10Gb Ethernet Pass Through-k supports the following KR-based adapters:
Brocade BR1741M-k mezzanine card
Broadcom 57712-k network daughter card (NDC)
Intel X520-x/k mezzanine card
Future 10Gb adapters for PowerEdge blade servers
Note: 1Gb NICs are not supported with either model of pass-through
- 10 Gigabit per second line speed per port, full duplex
- Connects Dell blade servers using 10 Gigabit Ethernet NIC blade mezzanine I/O cards to external switches
Great solution for Dell™ PowerConnect™, Cisco Catalyst/Nexus switches as well as your choice of external Ethernet switches
- Dell 10Gb Ethernet Pass Through Modules are transparent to all Ethernet topologies, providing connectivity from Dell blades to any vendor’s external LAN switch
- Connect to any industry standard Ethernet compliant device
- Module is unmanaged – all management occurs via NIC firmware or O/S, or external switch Device status is available through the M1000e Chassis Management Controller (CMC)
Dell 10GbE-k Pass-Through Module performs a power on self-test and various ongoing diagnostics to ensure proper operation
Height: 272.75 mm
Width: 32.48 mm
Depth: 307.24 mm
2.6 kg without SFP’s; 3.0 kg with SFP’s
10GbE SFP+ Optical Transceiver, SR, LC Connector
10GbE SFP+ Optical Transceiver, LRM, LC Connector
1m SFP+ Direct Attach Cable Transceiver Assembly
3m SFP+ Direct Attach Cable Transceiver Assembly
5m SFP+ Direct Attach Cable Transceiver Assembly
7m SFP+ Direct Attach Cable Transceiver Assembly
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Please see limits associated with M1000e blade enclosure
- DC Input:
2V from shared power supplies in M1000e blade enclosure
Approximately 20 Watts without SFP’s
Approximately 28 Watts with SFP’s
Faster, reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today, the Dell ProSupport portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
- Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 24x7? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician.
- Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support with Fast-Track Dispatch, along with 24x7 access to Dell-certified technicians.
Service ModelsDell ProSupport for End Users
Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff, this offering includes:
- 24x7 direct break-fix hardware support for your employees
- "How-to" support on popular software applications such as Norton AntiVirus™, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft® Small Business Server, Intuit® QuickBooks®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe™ Acrobat™
- Access to a certified technician in two minutes or less
Dell ProSupport for IT
Designed for organizations with IT staff, this offering includes:
- 24x7 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell's Global Command Centers
Customization and Setup
- Installation — Dell provides streamlined standard installation services so you can easily choose the specific package that quickly gets new systems into the workspace and old systems out.
- Maintenance — You can upgrade to three years of part or unit hardware replacement, with either same-day, four-hour or next-business-day response.