Scalable mobility controllers and access points
|Wireless controllers||Dell Networking W-7205||Dell Networking W-7210||Dell Networking W-7220||Dell Networking W-7240/XM|
|Max LAN-connected APs||256||512||1,024||2,048|
|Max Remote Access Points||256||512||1,024||2,048|
|GbE Ports (GBIC or SFP)||4 SFP+||2 (combo)||2 (combo)||2 (combo)|
|10/100/1000Base-T Ports (auto-neg)||4||2 (combo)||2 (combo)||2 (combo)|
|10GbE Ports||0||4 SFP+||4 SFP+||4 SFP+|
|USB ports||1 USB 2.0||None||None||None|
|Active firewall sessions||1,000,000||2,015,291||2,015,291||2,015,291|
|Concurrent IPSec sessions||4,096||16,384||24,578||32,768|
|Encrypted throughput (AES-CCM)||3.6Gbps||6Gbps||20Gbps||40Gbps|
|Max power consumption||75.2W||110W||125W||165W|
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Data Sheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
All models are 802.11 a/b/g/n certified. FIPS/TAA certified products available for government use.
SFP-LX, SFP-SX, SFP-TX, XFP-LR and XFP-SR
WEP, TKIP, DES, AES-CCMP, 3DES, AES-CBC, xSec
WPA-Enterprise, WPA-PSK, WPA2-Enterprise, WPA2-PSK, 802.1X, MAC address, captive portal
Dell AirWave Management Suite or Dell OpenManage Network Manager. Also supports SNMP, web, CLI using SSH, Telnet and console port
Hardware and software warranty:
One year hardware, 90 day software
Optional Dell services:
Dell offers a variety of services ranging from product support to installation and complete IT outsourcing.
Guest access/BYOD, management and VPN:
AirWave Wireless Management System (AWMS): Use Dell’s multi-vendor network management software for a consolidated view of the RF environment, controllers, APs, and the wired infrastructure, with an intuitive user interface. AirWave can manage all Dell Networking W-Series wireless products and provide visibility and troubleshooting for your existing vendor networks
Virtual Intranet Access (VIA):
Create a secure VPN for remote users that intelligently configures connection settings on their mobile device and transparently authenticates without complicated logins.
Trust this highly integrated access management solution for all things BYOD. The Dell ClearPass device connects to your existing network to securely onboard devices, admit users, display usage, perform health assessments and manage policies while maintaining appropriate security and service levels. Its self-registration portal frees your IT staff from the manual setup process. ClearPass models are designed to accommodate from 500 to 25,000 concurrent users/devices.
- Dell Networking W-Series 7200 Controllers for large enterprise WiFi LANs recognize new cloud-based and mobile applications and provide visibility for IT to prioritize mobile apps by user.
- Dell Networking W-Series 7000 Controllers for smaller campuses and branch offices provide simple and cost-effective configuration, encryption and visibility for the all-wireless workplace.
The security modules on Dell Networking W-Series controllers ensure that no data is sent in the clear; access-level policies are enforced across entire campuses and all remote users from a single touch point.
- Dell Networking W-Series Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF) provides identity-based controls to enforce application-layer security, prioritization, traffic forwarding and network performance policies for wired and wireless networks.
- Dell Networking W-Series Wireless Intrusion Protection (WIP/RFP) guard against wireless security threats with spectrum monitoring visibility into sources of RF interference, reducing the need for separate RF sensors and air monitors.
- Dell Networking W-Series Advanced Cryptography (ACR) offers military-grade cryptography and enables secure access to networks that handle confidential and classified information.
- Dell Networking W-Series Policy Enforcement Firewall with VPN (PEF–V) allows integrated VPN termination capability.
Securely administer Dell Networking W-Series Access Point WiFi networks from a controller using the Dell Networking W-Series AirWave Software Management Suite.
- Eliminate the need for multiple, single-purpose management tools with one touch point to manage both wired and wireless network, IPs and VLANs.
- Simplify enforcement access-level policies across the entire campus and any remote users.
- Enable your service desk to prioritize connectivity issues.
- Free your network engineers to focus on strategic work.
- Identify actionable information and plan for the future.
Optional Dell Networking W-Series AirWave Wireless Management Suite (AWMS) is a multivendor network management software suite that delivers a consolidated view of the RF environment, controllers, APs and the wired infrastructure through an intuitive user interface.