Making room for energy efficiency
Ensuring data and device security regardless of location while managing data and applications consistently across the enterprise.
Call for Pricing
Sorry, but this item is no longer available for purchase online. Please contact your sales representative for details on how to order.
OptiPlex Means BusinessThe OptiPlex 160 tiny desktop delivers essential performance and Web access without all the added complexity and cost. Designed for basic computing environments, the OptiPlex 160 features:
- Intel® Atom™ processors
- Up to an 18-month life cycle, stable images and managed transitions
- Optional Dell Client Manager for remote inventory, diagnosis and system hardware management
OptiPlex Is Easy to OwnThe OptiPlex 160 tiny desktop is designed and built to meet challenging space and energy consumption requirements with:
- Integrated 87 percent efficient power supply* and optional mounting options that make the OptiPlex™ 160 an easy choice when it comes to maximizing desktop real estate
- Dell-exclusive DirectDetect troubleshooting LEDs to help reduce maintenance and service costs
- A minimum 90-day transition period between product transitions for added predictability in the IT management process
- Customizable global service and support through Dell ProSupport services*
- Solid-state drive technology for increased reliability and data protection
OptiPlex Is SecureThe OptiPlex 160 provides basic security offerings to help protect your critical data:
- System and BIOS passwords help prevent unauthorized access
- A chassis loop lock slot provides physical system protection
- An optional smart card reader protects against unauthorized access to your critical data
- Dell ProSupport services* help reduce risk and protect your sensitive data with Hard Drive Data Recovery and Certified Data Destruction
- A cable security kit enhances security over peripherals
OptiPlex Gets GreenDell is committed to being the greenest PC company on the planet, and the OptiPlex 160 delivers smart energy choices:
- Low-voltage Intel Atom processors benefit from a new 45nm low-power micro-architecture process to make the processor energy-efficient and provide excellent single application productivity
- The potential to reduce power consumption — and cost — with Dell's integrated power supply, which is up to 87 percent efficient
- Select configurations designed to meet ENERGY STAR 5.0 and EPEAT-Gold designation requirements
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet (Broadcom LOM); Optional Dell Wireless 1397 802.11BG Half Mini-PCIe card
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Tiny Desktop:
Number of Bays: None
Optional external DVD-ROM drive
Optional Mounting Brackets:
Dell Wall/Under-desk Mount, Dell Monitor Mount
- Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services (up to 3 year subscription)
Chassis lock slot support, Cable Security Kit, Setup/BIOS Password, USB Select, I/O Interface Security, optional Smart Card readers
- Dell Client Manager Standard: A no-charge systems management console; allows you to deploy, manage and troubleshoot Dell client systems across your entire organization. Optional upgrades to Dell Client Manager Plus or the Management Suite for Dell Clients.
Dell ProSupportDesigned to address the technology challenges you face today, Dell ProSupport starts with a service model designed for IT professionals like you.
Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Mission-Critical 4-Hour Onsite Service* With 6-Hour Hardware Repair — Priority onsite service to get you back up and running fast |
Specialized Onsite Options — Allow you to augment your daily IT management or tap into specific technical expertise for critical projects when needed.
Recommended options for notebooks include:
Asset Management and Protection — Helps protect sensitive data
|Enterprise-Wide Contract — Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through |
Proactive Maintenance — Maximizes the availability and stability of your infrastructure proactively. The package includes a detailed system assessment and implementation of driver or firmware updates and upgrades for your server or storage systems.
Remote Advisory Options — Provide telephone and Internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft Exchange, virtualization, and more.
Don’t have an IT staff?
Dell ProSupport for End-Users is designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff. End-users receive 24x7 direct break-fix hardware support plus “how-to” support on popular software applications such as Norton™ AntiVirus, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Small Business Server®, Intuit QuickBooks, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat. To purchase Dell ProSupport for end-users, please contact your Dell sales representative.
|Customization and Setup|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Dell Managed Deployment Services are for customers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments which require a single point of contact.
Hardware Customization (CFI)
Dell offers hardware customization services to help accelerate your system deployments. We can perform a range of services such as custom configuration, consolidation and integration in our factory so that you can deploy your systems right out of the box.
ImageDirect is a web-based, hosted image management service that enables customers to easily create, manage, and load custom images for Dell commercial client systems.
|Asset Recovery Services|
Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services offers safe and environmentally-appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price.