Long-term platform stability
The OptiPlex XE2 is a stable and durable desktop PC featuring an ultralong lifecycle, high heat tolerance and exceptional management capabilities.
Call for Pricing
Operating System (Dell recommends Windows 10 Pro.)
- Windows® 7 Professional 32 bit (English) (EMRP)
Windows® 7 Professional 64 bit (English) (EMRP)
Windows® 7 Ultimate 32 bit (English)
Windows® 7 Ultimate 64 bit (English)
Windows 8 64-bit, English
Windows 8 64-bit, English
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, English
Ubuntu Linux 12.04
No OS, Designed for Dell Wyse Cloud DT
- Up to 4 DIMM slots; Non-ECC dual-channel 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM, supports up to 32GB. Not all options available in every country nor in every configuration
- Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4600; supports optional discrete graphics solutions from AMD
- Trusted Platform Module* (TPM) 1.2, Dell Data Protection|SecurityTools, Dell Data Protection|Encryption, Chassis lock slot support, optional Chassis Intrusion Switch, Setup/BIOS Password, I/O Interface Security, optional Smart Card keyboards, Intel® Trusted Execution Technology, Intel® Identity Protection Technology, Intel® Ant-Theft Technology, KACE Security, Dell Secure Works, BIOS support for optional*
- Intel® vPro Technology (iAMT 9.0) including Dell unique vPro extensions; Intel® Standard Manageability; No Out of Band Systems Management
- Minitower (MT)
Dimensions (H x W x D)Inches/(cm) : 14.2 x 6.9 x 16.4 /(36.0 x 17.5 x 41.7)
Min. Weight (lbs/kg) : 20.68 / 9.4
Number of Bays : 2 internal 3.5”
2 external 5.25”
Expansion Slots : 1 full height PCIe x16
1 full height PCIe x16 (wired x 4)
1 full height PCIe x1
1 full height PCI
Power Supply* Unit (PSU) : 365W up to 90% Efficient PSU (80 PLUS Gold), Active PFC
Small Form Factor (SFF)
Dimensions (H x W x D)Inches/(cm) : 11.4 x 3.7 x 12.3 /(29.0 x 9.3 x 31.2)
Min. Weight (lbs/kg) :13.2 /6.0
Number of Bays :1 internal 3.5”
1 external 5.25” (slimline)
Expansion Slots : 1 half height PCIe x16
1 half height PCIe x4
Power Supply* Unit (PSU) : 315W up to 90% Efficient PSU (80 PLUS Gold), Active PFC
Dell UltraSharp series - Award-winning high-performance monitors and ultrawide viewing, from 21.5"-30
Dell Professional series monitors available from 17"-24"
Dell Single Monitor Arm and Dual Monitor Stand
Keyboards: Dell USB Entry Keyboard, Dell Multimedia Pro Keyboard, Dell Smart Card Keyboard
Mouse: Dell USB Optical Mouse, Dell Laser Mouse
Audio Speakers: Internal Dell 2.0 and 2.1 stereo speaker systems available; Dell sound bar for select flat-panel displays.
Dell Print Solutions: Black-and-White, Color and Multifunction Lasers for printing and document management
Hard Drives Options
Hard Disk Drives: up to 1TB
Supports Hybrid, Opal SED FIPS, and Solid State Drive
RAID 0 & 1 support on select configurations
No Hard Drive – Supports Dell Cloud Desktop diskless option
Removable Media Options
Supports optional optical disc drives
4 External USB 3.0 ports (2 front, 2 rear) and 6 External USB 2.0 ports (2 front, 4 rear) and 2 Internal USB 2.0 (MT only); 1 RJ-45; 1 Serial; 1 VGA; 2 DisplayPort; 2 PS/2; 2 Line-in (stereo/microphone), 2 Line-out (headphone/speaker), optional Parallel/Serial/Powered Serial/Powered USB port support
- Integrated Intel® I217LM Ethernet LAN 10/100/1000; supports optional PCIe 10/100/1000 network card, optional wireless 802.11n card
Note, the integrated Intel connection is required to support Intel® vPro™ Technology
- Environmental Standards (eco-labels): ENERGY STAR 5.2 qualified, EPEAT Registered9, CECP, WEEE, Japan Energy Law, South Korea E-standby, South Korea Eco-label (for SFF only), EU RoHS, China RoHSOther Environmental Options: Carbon Off-set; Asset Resale and Recovery Service.
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
With an ultralong purchase lifecycle, the OptiPlex XE2 significantly eases management and planning.
- Help reduce the cost and complexity of system recertification with a three-and-a-half-year purchase lifecycle, which includes the locking of key hardware and software components.
- Easily maintain a consistent work environment while planning for future deployments with help from a six-month managed-transition period.
Versatile, durable design
From the retail counter to the factory floor, the XE2 easily integrates into your unique workspace and can handle the most demanding physical conditions.
- Confidently run your desktop in hot and space-constrained areas — even inside cabinets. A robust chassis design and a durable fan enable a high temperature tolerance, up to 45°C ambient.
- Deploy with flexibility through multiple chassis options. Select the small form factor (SFF) chassis, optimized for constrained workspaces or the expandable mini tower (MT) with support for legacy PCI cards.
- Specifically designed for original equipment manufacturers, an OEM Ready version of the OptiPlex XE2 is available.
Exceptional, management and security
Easily control your desktop fleet with comprehensive management and security features.
- Remotely manage your desktops with next-generation Intel® vPro™ technology and Dell’s custom Intel vPro extensions for one-to-many, out-of-band BIOS management.
- Reduce costs to set up, monitor and update systems with Dell’s automated tools and utilities for client systems management.
- Tighten security with an integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) and optional self-encrypting drives (SEDs), smart card keyboard and security lock.
Enhance the security and management of your OptiPlex systems with robust solutions.
- Help secure data and control user access with flexible, easily managed Dell Data Protection solutions.
- Centralize and automate management to help reduce administration costs with Dell Systems Management and Dell KACE.
- Enhance service delivery to your desktops and boost productivity with Dell Cloud Desktop and Dell Cloud Client Computing solutions.
- Easily manage and secure OS, application, and user data from a central location for delivery of on-demand virtual desktops to stateless and diskless Dell OptiPlex Cloud Desktops, powered by Dell Wyse WSM.
Upgrade to ProSupport Plus – the only complete support that combines proactive resolution, automated prevention and protection for PCs and tablets.
Deployment and customization
Simplify deployment with Dell Configuration and Deployment Services, Dell Imaging Services and custom branding of OEM systems. Dell Services can help you manage and support your OptiPlex desktops for their entire lifecycle, including reselling or recycling.