Sorry, this item is not available anymore for purchase online. Please see our recommended replacement product.
Highly efficient microserver in a shared-infrastructure chassis
- Cost cutting and space saving. Up to12 independent server nodes share chassis, fans and power supplies to help reduce data center floor space.
- Simplified serviceability. Server nodes and power supplies are hot-swappable, and all servers are cold-aisle accessible.
- Same-day support. Why wait? Choose the option of a 4-hour service support response time to help reduce down time.
- Hosting: Help maximize your productivity per square foot with high server-node density and a shared infrastructure that enables efficient cooling and cabling for cloud system infrastructure and dedicated, virtualized, shared, root-access or SQL hosting.
- Web 2.0: Fill your need for a web file, front-end, fast-loading web content server.
Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 or E3-1200v2 processor with 2 or 4 cores supports up to 65 W thermal design power (TDP) for the 12-sled microserver and up to 95 W TDP for the 8-sled version.
- Memory options
Four DIMM slots for up to 32GB DDR3 ECC UDIMM (1333 MT/s or 1600 MT/s), two DIMMs per channel
- Drive options
- 2.5" SATA/SAS (max 4 per server)
- 3.5" SATA/SAS (max 2 per server)
- Mezzanine options
8-sled version only:
- LSI® 2008 SAS
- Intel® dual port 1GbE
- Intel® dual port 10GbE NIC
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services tailored to your business needs and resource strategy. For critical PowerEdge cloud solutions, we recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist or Dell ProSupport for comprehensive hardware and software support. For very large data center customers with a skilled support staff, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center.
Dell PowerEdge C Services
Dell is dedicated to simplifying IT, and Dell™ Services can help you manage the complexities of growing and maintaining your hyperscale, high-performance and cloud computing data center environments. Dell’s broad portfolio of planning, implementation and support services can help accelerate your IT initiatives, so you can grow your business.
PowerEdge C Services are tailored to complement how you manage your data center. Options include:
• Consulting Services — Bring in experts and get it right, from the start.
• Deployment Services — Get new technology into production faster.
• Expert-level Tech Support — Critical, immediate support for critical systems.
• Support Tools — Prevent system downtime, increase productivity.
Whatever the situation, Dell can help you break through complexity by providing services and solutions to meet your exact data center needs.
Dell Consulting Services guide and facilitate PowerEdge cloud server integration with business needs. Our experts offer deep expertise in cloud, virtualization, disaster recovery and data center transformation. We take a holistic and collaborative approach, analyze your business objectives and leverage the right technologies to meet your requirements.
With growing interest in cloud and virtualization tools, Dell Consulting Services offers a Cloud Readiness Assessment, one of the best ways to understand current environments and the hardware you need to move from a physical/virtual environment to a cloud model.
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
Get your new cloud server up and running quickly and efficiently. Dell provides end-to-end deployment services — from rack integration to configuration and implementation — so your staff can confidently adopt your new technology with as little effort as possible. For more information, please contact your Dell representative.
Dell Training Services
Dell Education Services offers PowerEdge Server training courses designed to help you achieve more with your hardware investment. The curriculum is designed in conjunction with the server development team, as well as Dell’s technical support team, to ensure that the training delivers the information and practical, hands-on skills you and your team need to confidently deploy, manage and maintain your Dell Server solution.
Dell Support Tools
Dell’s automated and self-service tools simplify your support experience and minimize your effort when Dell systems require service. Dell’s portfolio of tools and technologies drive productivity, ensure uptime and maximize performance.
Reduce support effort, maintain device health and prevent issues from turning costly with automated proactive support. SupportAssist features include:
• Remote monitoring
• Automated issue detection and notification
• Automated case creation and contact from Dell
Boost productivity by centralizing support-case and replacement-parts dispatch management with this self-service support tool. Available online in 11 languages, through a mobile application and via APIs (application programming interfaces), TechDirect makes issue resolution easy, convenient and flexible.