Optimize compute performance.
Maximize hyperscale performance with up to 4 independent server nodes, flexible storage and shared infrastructure in a compact 2U chassis.
- Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family
Up to 4 x 2-socket servers: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22 cores per processor
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
- Intel C612 chipset
- Up to 512GB (16 DIMM per motherboard): 8GB/16GB/32GB DDR4 up to 2133MT/s
32GB DIMM will be available post release
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012, with Hyper-V®
- Up to 72TB SATA3 or nearline 48TB SAS
- SAS, SATA, SSD
SATA 24 x 2.5” or 12 x 3.5” hard drive options
24 x 2.5” hard drive option with variable drive allocation
- 1 x16 PCIe 3.0 half-height, half-length
1 x8 PCIe 3.0 mezzanine
- Intel C612: SATA HDDs or SATA SSDs only
PERC H330 (optional)
LSI ® 2008 mezzanine (optional)
- 2x Intel® 82599ES 10GbE (SFP+)
- 1Gb Ethernet:
Intel Powerville I350 Dual Port 1GbE (PCIe adapter)
Intel Powerville I350 Dual Port 1GbE PCIe (mezzanine)
10Gb Ethernet :
Intel Twinville X540 Dual Port 10GbE 10Base-T (mezzanine)
Mellanox ConnectX3 VPI Single Port FDR / 40GbE QSFP+ (PCIe adapter)
Mellanox ConnectX3 VPI Dual Port FDR / 40GbE QSFP+(PCIe adapter)
Mellanox ConnectX3 VPI Single Port FDR / 40GbE QSFP+(mezzanine)
- Dual hot-plug redundant high-efficiency 1400W or 1600W power supplies (high-line 220V)
- Hot-swappable server nodes
Hot-plug hard drives
Hot-plug redundant power
Support for high availability clustering and virtualization
Proactive systems management alerts
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller
- 2U rack mount
Dell OpenManage Essentials
Dell OpenManage Mobile
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller
iDRAC8 Express (default)
iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade option)
IPMI 2.0 compliant
- Static rails support tool-less installation in 19” EIA-310-E compliant square or unthreaded round hole 4-post racks, including Dell PowerEdge 2420, 4220 and 4820 racks
- Height: 8.68 cm (3.42 in.)
Width: 44.8 cm (17.6 in.)
Depth: 79.0 cm (31.1 in.)
Weight (maximum configuration): 41 kg (90.4 lbs)
Weight (empty): 15.1 kg (33.3 lbs)
Performance and efficiencyBuild your high-performance clusters and scale-out solutions with PowerEdge C6320 servers, featuring:
- Next-generation Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 processors with increased core counts over prior E5-2600 v3 models, supporting up to 512GB of memory per server node for a total of 2TB of memory in a highly dense and modular 2U solution.
- Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC8) with Lifecycle Controller, cost optimized in C6320, to provide stable, efficient server management in physical, virtual, local and remote environments
- Flexible 2.5" and 3.5" high-capacity drive configurations
- 16 DIMM slots to tailor memory capacity (up to 512GB*) to meet your needs
- DDR4 memory providing as much as 15 percent greater memory bandwidth and drawing up to 30 percent less power than DDR3 RAM
Save space and meet changing workloads by providing the right mix of processor performance, node options and energy efficiency with up to four independent sleds (server nodes) and flexible HDD assignments in one 2U chassis.
- Up to 44 cores per node, 176 core per chassis
- Up to 24 x 2.5" or 12 x 3.5" SAS, SATA or SSD hot-plug drives per chassis
- Dual hot-plug, high-efficiency 1400W and 1600W power supplies
- Optional Integrated SATA DOM (64GB) boot device frees up valuable hard drive space for your data
- One x16 PCIe 3.0 slot and one x8 PCIe 3.0 mezzanine slot per 1U sled
- Integrated LOM: 2x 10GbE (SFP+)
Enhance your productivity
Easily manage your PowerEdge C6320 servers by automating routine lifecycle management tasks with technology from the Dell OpenManage portfolio, based on the agent-free iDRAC8 with embedded Lifecycle Controller, working alone or in conjunction with other Dell OpenManage components and third-party management tools, including:
- OpenManage Essentials
- Dell’s integrations for BMC BladeLogic
- Microsoft System Center
- VMware vCenter
Easing your management tasksThe iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller offers a complete set of server management features – including configuration, OS deployment, firmware updates, health monitoring and maintenance – that work regardless of operating system state or the presence of a hypervisor.
Agent free – Monitor basic memory, CPU and I/O performance and establish custom alert thresholds to alert through SNMP, Racadm or WSman – all without OS agents or any impact on OS or server components.
|Lifecycle Controller – Provide local deployment and simplified serviceability with a tool that integrates with Dell OpenManage Essentials and third party consoles.|
|Zero touch deployment and provisioning – Auto-configure servers, and optionally schedule health checks with zero-touch configuration changes (requires iDRAC Enterprise Edition).|
Harness the C6320’s hyperscale capabilities for demanding performance and workload-intensive environments.
- HPC — Implement high-performance, low-latency, massively parallel computing for dense clusters that need high scalability with maximum performance per U.
- Analytics and big data — Support large-scale data analysis with a maximum compute-density footprint and the ability to tailor server configurations to changing workloads.
- Cloud — Substantial scalability and density help allow cloud and hosting providers reduce capital expenses and maximize operational performance per sq. ft./per watt.
- Web 2.0 — Match your server infrastructure to large web-hosting workloads and help eliminate over-provisioning with high scalability and flexible rapid-configuration options.
Global services and supportDell Services* can help reduce IT complexity, lower costs and eliminate inefficiencies by making IT and business solutions work harder for you. The Dell Services team takes a holistic view of your needs and designs solutions for your environment and business objectives while using established delivery methods, local talent and in-depth domain knowledge to help lower your total cost of ownership.
Dell ProSupportChoose Dell’s premium support service, ProSupport, for 24/7*direct telephone and online access to advanced-level technicians based in your region. Whether you have one office or hundreds around the world, protect your investments with this simple yet flexible approach.
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services tailored to your business needs and resource strategy. For critical PowerEdge cloud solutions, we recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist or Dell ProSupport for comprehensive hardware and software support. For very large data center customers with a skilled support staff, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center.
Dell PowerEdge C Services
Dell is dedicated to simplifying IT, and Dell™ Services can help you manage the complexities of growing and maintaining your hyperscale, high-performance and cloud computing data center environments. Dell’s broad portfolio of planning, implementation and support services can help accelerate your IT initiatives, so you can grow your business.
PowerEdge C Services are tailored to complement how you manage your data center. Options include:
- Consulting Services — Bring in experts and get it right, from the start.
- Deployment Services — Get new technology into production faster.
- Expert-level Tech Support — Critical, immediate support for critical systems.
- Support Tools — Prevent system downtime, increase productivity.
Whatever the situation, Dell can help you break through complexity by providing services and solutions to meet your exact data center needs.
Dell Consulting Services guide and facilitate PowerEdge cloud server integration with business needs. Our experts offer deep expertise in cloud, virtualization, disaster recovery and data center transformation. We take a holistic and collaborative approach, analyze your business objectives and leverage the right technologies to meet your requirements.
With growing interest in cloud and virtualization tools, Dell Consulting Services offers a Cloud Readiness Assessment, one of the best ways to understand current environments and the hardware you need to move from a physical/virtual environment to a cloud model.
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
Get your new cloud server up and running quickly and efficiently. Dell provides end-to-end deployment services — from rack integration to configuration and implementation — so your staff can confidently adopt your new technology with as little effort as possible. For more information, please contact your Dell representative.
Dell Training Services
Dell Education Services offers PowerEdge Server training courses designed to help you achieve more with your hardware investment. The curriculum is designed in conjunction with the server development team, as well as Dell’s technical support team, to ensure that the training delivers the information and practical, hands-on skills you and your team need to confidently deploy, manage and maintain your Dell Server solution.
Dell Support Tools
Dell’s automated and self-service tools simplify your support experience and minimize your effort when Dell systems require service. Dell’s portfolio of tools and technologies drive productivity, ensure uptime and maximize performance.
Reduce support effort, maintain device health and prevent issues from turning costly with automated proactive support. SupportAssist features include:
- Remote monitoring
- Automated issue detection and notification
- Automated case creation and contact from Dell
Boost productivity by centralizing support-case and replacement-parts dispatch management with this self-service support tool. Available online in 11 languages, through a mobile application and via APIs (application programming interfaces), TechDirect makes issue resolution easy, convenient and flexible.
Optimized for performance and efficiency
Dell PowerEdge C servers are available with certified software from Dell partners to create optimized, fully supported solutions that include price/performance-optimized hardware, software, services and support. These offerings include powerful solutions for high-performance computing, big data, analytics and cloud computing environments.
Choose HPC solutions confidently
Collaborate with Dell to integrate new high performance computing (HPC) capabilities that deliver the right fit and balance to complement or replace your existing capacity. We can help you with all aspects of HPC technology — from workstations to large clusters. We make it simpler to select, deploy and manage complex clusters through a highly flexible framework of scalable, open-standards-based HPC technology and services. Dell HPC solutions are deployed across the globe as the computational foundation for industrial, academic and governmental research critical to scientific advancement as well as economic and global competitiveness.
Ensure success with your big data workloads
Unencumbered by legacy architectures that create lock-in and drain budgets, Dell’s comprehensive, yet modular, big data portfolio delivers cost-effective solutions for data analytics, data management and data integration. Redefine your IT economics with workload-optimized systems, and ensure big data success with our complete consulting and technology services. We empower big data initiatives on your terms.
Match the right applications to the right cloud
Choose from VMware, Microsoft and OpenStack private cloud solutions, and use Dell Cloud Manager to manage a heterogeneous multi-cloud environment as one. With Dell cloud solutions, you can create an agile, responsive IT environment — and still maintain tight control over your data and processes — by transforming your data center into private and hybrid clouds.
Renew data center efficiency with Dell Application Services
Migrate and modernize legacy application environments to updated platforms to better address new requirements, such as cloud computing, mobility and virtualization. Whether it’s a portfolio assessment, re-architecture or re-hosting, you’ll be certain of your ROI, thanks to Dell's innovative fixed-price approach. Together we can help transform yesterday’s applications and today’s emerging technologies into tomorrow’s agile infrastructure.
|PowerEdge C6320 Server|
|The C6320 optimizes computer, processors,|
memory and large volume local storage for the
most demanding high-performance computing,
scale-out cloud and web-tech workloads.