- 1 processor from the following product families:
Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v5 product family
Intel Core i3®
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, x64
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
VMware® Vsphere® 2015
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server®
- Intel C236
- Architecture: Up to 2133MT/s DDR4 DIMMs
Memory Type: UDIMMs
Memory Module Sockets: 4
Maximum RAM: Up to 64GB
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
- Hypervisor Support
Microsoft Windows Server with Hyper-V®
VMware® vSphere® ESXi®
- 2.5” SATA 7.2K
2.5” nearline SAS 7.2K
2.5” 10K SAS HDDs
2.5” 15K SAS HDDs
2.5” SATA HDDs
3.5” Enterprise SATA 7.2K HDDs
3.5” nearline SAS 7.2K HDDs
3.5” 7.2K SATA entry drives
- 2 x 3.5" cabled HDD
4 x 3.5" cabled HDD
4 x 3.5" hot swap or 2.5" hot swap in hybrid drive carrier
- 2 x PCIe 3.0 slots: x16 slot, full height (1x8 PCIe 3.0)+ x8 slot, low profile (1x4 PCIe 3.0)
- S130, H330, H730, H830
- Broadcom® BCM5720
- 2 x 1GbE LOM
Click here for R230 supported network interface cards (NICs) and host bus adapters (HBAs) and scroll to “Additional Network Cards” section.
- 250W cabled PSU
- 2 x 3.5" cabled HDD 19.5" 1U chassis
4 x 3.5" cabled HDD 19.5" 1U chassis
4 x 3.5" Hot-Plug HDD 19.5" 1U chassis
- Systems management:
IPMI 2.0 compliant
Dell OpenManage Essentials
Dell OpenManage Mobile
Dell OpenManage Power Center
Dell OpenManage Integrations:
Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for Microsoft System Center
Dell OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter™
Dell OpenManage Connections:
HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli® Netcool® and CA
Network and Systems Management
Dell OpenManage Plug-in for Oracle® Database Manager
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller, iDRAC8 Express (default),
iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade), 8GB vFlash media (upgrade),16GB vFlash media (upgrade)
- 5 Total USB:
Rear: 2 x USB 3.0 ports
Front: 2 x USB 2.0 ports
Internal: 1 x USB 3.0 port
- ReadyRails™ static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded and 2-post racks.
- Depth without bezel: 495.0 mm (19.5 in)
Depth with bezel: 676.92 mm (20.8 in)
Height: 42.8 mm (1.68 in)
Width without rack latches: 434.0 mm (17.08 in)
Width with rack latches: 482.4 mm (18.99 in)
Get organized and become more productive
- Consolidate data from multiple laptops or desktops onto a single server with up to 4 x internal 3.5" cabled or hot-plug HDD.
- Ensure fast response times with the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v5 product family.
- Adapt to changing workload conditions with a virtualization-ready server supporting Citrix® XenServer®, Microsoft® Windows Server® with Hyper-V®, VMware® vSphere® ESXi®, and Red Hat® Enterprise Virtualization.
Accelerate application performance
- Drive greater memory performance and expand capacity up to 64GB through time with 4 x DIMM slots and DDR4 memory, which transfer data 33% faster than previous-generation DDR3.*
- Boost data throughput with 2 x PCIe Gen 3.0 slots driving 2x data throughput compared to Generation 2.0.
- Drive 2x IOPS performance with the PowerEdge PERC9 RAID Controller compared to the previous-generation PowerEdge R220 equipped with PERC8.*
Reliable, worry-free operation
- Deploy rapidly and turn the server over for productive work sooner with Dell OpenManage systems management solutions.
- Easily monitor system health and behavior with a simple, intuitive Dell OpenManage Essentials console.
- Save IT administrator time by automating firmware updates — up to 92% reduction in firmware update time using Repository Manager auto-updates compared to manual updates.*
Dell ProSupportChoose Dell’s premium support service, ProSupport, for 24/7* direct telephone and online access to advanced-level technicians based in your region. Whether you have one office or hundreds around the world, protect your investments with this simple yet flexible approach.
Dell Global ServicesDell offers a wide range of professional services to simplify the assessment, design, implementation, management and maintenance of your IT environment to help you transition from platform to platform.
Dell Support Services
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services that enable you to choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. For hyper-scale data centers, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center.
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite3 offers a full range of deployment services and professional certifications to help you get more out of your technology starting on day one. Choose ProDeploy Plus for the most complete deployment offer available in the market, ProDeploy for expert configuration and installations, or Basic Deployment for worry-free hardware installations.
Dell Training Services
Dell Education Services aims to complement your relationship with Dell as a trusted partner by offering Education Services for our own products, for industry leading infrastructure solutions and for the ongoing development of your organization. It is a global organization with local representation, classrooms and web-based training available worldwide.
Contact your Dell representative today for more information.
Dell SolutionsTransform your IT. We can help.
When you buy a Dell server, you get more than just hardware. You get access to IT solutions end to end. From the onboard iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller in each server — to a huge array of complementary technologies, software, and services — we help you develop data center solutions that advance the goals of your business or organization, for now, and for the future.Among an array of innovative technologies, you’ll find state-of-the-art solutions for systems management, storage, networking and so much more.
State-of-the-art systems management
You can improve the performance, productivity and availability of your data center resources with our cutting edge portfolio of systems management solutions. Get anytime anywhere mobile access to your hardware, agent-free embedded management, extensive automation, and connections to third-party management solutions you may already use.
Innovative storage solutions
Improve security and performance while you store more data on less hardware. Our storage server portfolio brings you technologies like our industry-leading deduplication and compression algorithms, our patented high-performance Dell Fluid File System (FluidFS), and advanced, intelligent autotiering.
You can optimize and modernize your network infrastructure, and evolve beyond proprietary architectures with our open, standards-based networking solutions, and ready paths to software defined networking (SDN). We’ve been delivering high-performance, reliable networking solutions for over a decade, and today we power some of the world’s most demanding enterprise and Cloud/Web 2.0 environments.
And so much more
Servers, storage and networking solutions are just the tip of the iceberg of technologies we can help you develop, manage and optimize. When you visit our solutions pages, you’ll find insights and resources for a wide range of platforms and solutions.
Visit our Solutions site for details, or talk to a Dell expert for one-on-one expertise.