Adds up to 16.48 Teraflops of Computational Power to your Data Center
The PowerEdge™ C410x is a 3U, 16-slot external PCI Express (PCIe) expansion chassis that can support up to eight host connections to up to 16 graphics processing unit (GPU) cards. This enables massive parallel calculations separate from the server, greatly enhancing system performance and flexibility.
- Enhance capabilities without adding servers.
- Boost performance for faster results.
- Save space, weight and cost while increasing density.
If you're looking for oil, predicting the weather or just trying to develop a more lifelike computer game, the PowerEdge™ C410x specializes in value-added performance.
- Tons of horsepower — 16 PCIe slots for massive general-purpose graphics processing unit (GPGPU) calculations
- Lots of options — Supports up to eight host connections to up to 16 GPU cards for maximum flexibility
- Super-fast results — 4x the PCIe slots per server than competing PCIe expansion chassis
- Up to 16.48 teraflops — x16 PCIe lanes allocated to a host interface connection means up to 16,480 gigaflops of parallel calculating power at your disposal.
- First with the most — The PowerEdge C410x is the first PCIe enclosure of its kind with up to 16 slots in one chassis.
- Multiple configurations — Mix and match PCIe devices to set the right ratio for maximum application performance.
The PowerEdge C410x PCIe expansion chassis is qualified for NVIDIA® Tesla™ compute modules, as well as for use with the PowerEdge C6100 server.
The PowerEdge C410x is a 3U expansion chassis designed to save space and weight.
A dedicated Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) management port notifies you of voltage and temperature variations and any other system issues that may need attention.
Hot-add PCIe slots, hot-pluggable fans and redundant power supplies stretch system uptime and enable on-the-fly servicing.
- 3U rack mount
PCI Express (PCIe) Modules
- Up to 16 available slots, 10 front, 6 rear x16 slots
PCIe Form Factors
- Half-height/half-length and full-height/half-length, up to 225W per module passively cooled PCIe modules are only available with cards installed.
- 8 PCIe 2.0 x 16 iPASS ports
PCIe Cards Supported
- NVIDIA® Tesla™ M2075, M2090, K10 and K20
- On-board BMC
Dedicated management port
- 4 x 1400W hot-plug, high-efficiency power supplies
- N + 1 power supply redundancy
- Maximum draw of 3600W
- Shared redundant cooling with high-efficiency hot-plug 92mm fans
Host Interface Card (HIC)
- NVIDIA single-port HIC
Note: NVIDIA dual-port HIC not supported on the PowerEdge C6100 due to card form factor
Host Interface Card (HIC) Form Factor
- Low profile, PCIe x 16 Gen 2, single port
- 6.6” x 2.713”
- 9.74W per HIC
- 2.0m iPASS cable
Validated Host Platforms
- PowerEdge C6145 and C6220
Note: Other PowerEdge servers that support/qualify the NVIDIA HIC single port card could support the PowerEdge C410x with spread spectrum clocking turned off.
- IT Consulting Services
- Rack Integration (U.S. only)
- Server and Storage Deployment
- Support Services
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services tailored to your business needs and resource strategy. For critical PowerEdge cloud solutions, we recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist or Dell ProSupport for comprehensive hardware and software support. For very large data center customers with a skilled support staff, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center.
Dell PowerEdge C Services
Dell is dedicated to simplifying IT, and Dell™ Services can help you manage the complexities of growing and maintaining your hyperscale, high-performance and cloud computing data center environments. Dell’s broad portfolio of planning, implementation and support services can help accelerate your IT initiatives, so you can grow your business.
PowerEdge C Services are tailored to complement how you manage your data center. Options include:
- Consulting Services — Bring in experts and get it right, from the start.
- Deployment Services — Get new technology into production faster.
- Expert-level Tech Support — Critical, immediate support for critical systems.
- Support Tools — Prevent system downtime, increase productivity.
Dell Consulting Services
Dell Consulting Services guide and facilitate PowerEdge cloud server integration with business needs. Our experts offer deep expertise in cloud, virtualization, disaster recovery and data center transformation. We take a holistic and collaborative approach, analyze your business objectives and leverage the right technologies to meet your requirements.
With growing interest in cloud and virtualization tools, Dell Consulting Services offers a Cloud Readiness Assessment, one of the best ways to understand current environments and the hardware you need to move from a physical/virtual environment to a cloud model.
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
Get your new cloud server up and running quickly and efficiently. Dell provides end-to-end deployment services — from rack integration to configuration and implementation — so your staff can confidently adopt your new technology with as little effort as possible. For more information, please contact your Dell representative.
Dell Training Services
Dell Education Services offers PowerEdge Server training courses designed to help you achieve more with your hardware investment. The curriculum is designed in conjunction with the server development team, as well as Dell’s technical support team, to ensure that the training delivers the information and practical, hands-on skills you and your team need to confidently deploy, manage and maintain your Dell Server solution.
Dell Support Tools
Dell’s automated and self-service tools simplify your support experience and minimize your effort when Dell systems require service. Dell’s portfolio of tools and technologies drive productivity, ensure uptime and maximize performance.
Reduce support effort, maintain device health and prevent issues from turning costly with automated proactive support. SupportAssist features include:
- Remote monitoring
- Automated issue detection and notification
- Automated case creation and contact from Dell
Boost productivity by centralizing support-case and replacement-parts dispatch management with this self-service support tool. Available online in 11 languages, through a mobile application and via APIs (application programming interfaces), TechDirect makes issue resolution easy, convenient and flexible.
Dell™ PowerEdge C servers are available with certified software from Dell partners to create optimized, fully-supported solutions that include hardware, software, service and support. These offerings include powerful solutions for new big data and cloud computing instances.
Dell Apache Hadoop Solution
Leverage Hadoop to process massive application datasets. The Dell | Cloudera® solution combines Dell servers, Crowbar software framework and networking components with Cloudera’s Distribution, including Apache Hadoop (CDH) as well as management tools, training, technology support and professional services. This Dell Apache Hadoop Solution gives you a one-stop shop for deploying, managing and scaling a Hadoop cluster.
The Dell OpenStack-Powered Cloud Solution
Stand up an OpenStack cloud in hours instead of days. This massively scalable open source Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud solution leverages OpenStack™ cloud software on Dell PowerEdge C servers and switches, Crowbar software framework, Dell OpenStack expertise, service and support. It’s open, compatible with other systems and gives you the freedom to build the cloud of your dreams.
The Dell Cloud Solution for Web Applications
Take the guesswork out of building and running efficient public and private clouds with a turnkey cloud solution. The Dell Cloud Solution for Web Applications brings together optimized Dell hardware, Joyent software and joint services, so you can easily and quickly deploy and manage an elastic, on-demand cloud infrastructure with confidence, with as little or as much outside support as you want along the way.
Dell Solution Services
Whether you need help with strategy and deployment, require IT or business consulting, or want to explore managed services that take the load off your IT staff, turn to Dell services for expert advice and world-class support for your data center environment.