Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Message

June 21st, 2021 17:00

AW3420DW, when it goes to sleep it won't wake up

I have a potentially user-error issue that I can't figure out and haven't had any luck searching on.

On occasion, upon waking up a sleeping computer, the monitor does not wake up with it.

The power is on, but nothing comes up. I can't even get the onscreen menu to come up.

The only solution so far for this is to physically unplug the monitors power, wait 5-10 seconds, then plug it back in.  This will bring up the Alienware logo and, eventually, my computer screen.

I've looked at all the settings, but can't seem to find anything related.

The setup is as such: to the HDMI port is hooked up a MacBook Pro. To the DisplayPort is hooked up a Windows 10 Pro desktop. I can cycle between these two just fine. The above issue only seem to happen if the monitor goes to sleep with the Windows desktop as the active input, if the MacBook Pro is the active input then it will wake up when the MacBook Pro wakes up.

But as I can not switch inputs if the monitor is "asleep", if this issue happens then I have to unplug/plug it in to get it to "wake up".

Any help or hints would be much appreciated.

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2021 17:00

I have the same problem. Any luck with this? 

64 Posts

January 27th, 2023 03:00

My brother in law still has this same problem with the same model, any news on a solution?

He has the monitor connected to a R13 with a radeon rx 6800 xt.

21 Posts

January 27th, 2023 13:00

There is no solution. I had to RMA my monitor because of this. Haven't had this issue on my new unit, but only owned it for a week. Firmware updates aren't user upgradeable on this modul, so no dice waiting for that. The first unit had M0B102 firmware. My new unit has M0B103

64 Posts

January 28th, 2023 10:00

Thank you, ill forward this info to him so he can compare the firmware version.

No Events found!