Start a Conversation

Unsolved

94 Posts

January 11th, 2020 14:00

Aurora R1, AWCC wrecked my Win 10 install

i installed win 10 from win 7 on my pc and had no problems till i updated the awcc through the program(biggg mistake)when the pc re started i got a error screen ''something happened to your computer and has to restart''

well this went on and on and no boot to win 10...so i had to install from usb drive and had to create a new partition to install win 10,,now my c:drive has two win 10's on it and still cannot boot to the first install,,,,that install saved all my files and folders and programs,,,,,,is there a way to fix that,,this !!! it is definately related to awcc how can i get it out and have it run,,,i tried all the fixxes possible but to no avail,,im sure there is something im missing...

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 11th, 2020 20:00

@AW CO3 wrote:

1. i installed win 10 from win 7 on my pc

2. and had no problems till i updated the awcc through the program(biggg mistake)when the pc re started i got a error screen ''something happened to your computer and has to restart''

3. so i had to install from usb drive and had to create a new partition to install win 10,,now my c:drive has two win 10's on it and still cannot boot to the first install,,,,that install saved all my files and folders and programs,,,,,,is there a way to fix that,

1. If it Activated as Genuine, now you can install and run either on this machine.

2. It is widely known (and posted about) that you should not do that. Uninstall, reboot, then clean-install the new version. Might be because this model (and others from that time) have full-sized MIO-Boards. A clean-Windows install usually fixes it. AW-CC v2.8.11.0 is the only/last version you can run (properly) on Windows-10 64bit. 

3. Try Safe-Mode or just restore from your backup.

But like I said in the other thread, a clean install to a new disk (might as well have been to a SSD) would have been safer and less messy.

And not to rub-it-in, but all this was in my posts-and-threads.

1 Message

January 14th, 2020 14:00

rub it in is okay lol,,,i guess there is no fix and i'll probably do a total clean install,since i lost everything anyway.one thing i also noticed the orange light on the mio board was always lit,,now it lights up when i hit the power button.i cant believe there is no way to delete the awcc through the bios or command prompt...the error code is  OxcOOOOOOf,,file is missing or contains errors....ill just have to live with the fact i have to start over..f,,,most likely i'll just get a new pc

thanks tesla...

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 14th, 2020 14:00

@awco3 wrote:

i cant believe there is no way to delete the awcc through the bios or command prompt..

Safe-Mode is a little different in Windows-10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Did you ever get into or near Safe-Mode ? Did you ever get to the pretty-blue screens ?

272 Posts

January 15th, 2020 08:00

Try formatting the C: drive of Windows to NTFS partition using an external boot drive.

And then clean install Windows 10 on it.

Hope this solution works for you.

Regards.

94 Posts

January 15th, 2020 10:00

if in the end i cannot get in to the first win 10 install i will definitely do the clean install alltogether...

i have a raid 0 that i will undo as well and start over,,thanks ruskin,,,my anal retentiveness is getting the best of me to try to get in to the original install..

94 Posts

there is no way to restore from my backup?

94 Posts

oh yes i got the blue screens out the wazoo,,,i was able to boot in safe mode but it was the wrong win 10..

i have 2 win 10's,,on boot up one says win 10 and the other says win 10 home,which is the one i cannot get into.

i went into the msconfig and unchecked the safe boot box for win 10 home,,,i have 2 choices in there too.

94 Posts

January 15th, 2020 12:00

i noticed there is a serial ata driver missing in device manager,,any chance that is the problem,,where the heck can i find that driver,when i hit update driver,it said driver could not be foundAnnotation 2020-01-15 151615.jpg

94 Posts

January 23rd, 2020 13:00

tesla i cannot find aw-cc v2.8.11.0 to run on my machine,,,all i see when i look at my config is 2.5.27.0,aoo  or

2.8.9.0,ao2-00...im really leary now to download as im afraid i will get that boot blue screen Oxcoooooof

windows.old\windows\system 32\winload.exe     also i been looking for a down load of that exe.file

thanks

the 'pita'

1 Rookie

• 

1.8K Posts

January 23rd, 2020 19:00

From Archive: SIL3132, SATA controller fix, Area 51-R1, Aurora -R1

"So I have been struggling with this issue for a while, after reinstalling Win 7 on my aurora I could never find the driver for the Serial ATA controller. So you have to download this driver: Silicon Integrated Systems SIL3132

When you install this driver windows does not do it on its own. So when you opening this driver file copy the location your about to install it to which is: C:\dell\drivers\R235001 then install. Once you've done that go to your device manager and right click on Serial ATA controller then click update hardware and browser for the driver manually then paste the copied C:\dell\drivers\R235001 and install and your ATA controller will be fixed. Thought I'd post this fix up because a lot of us have this issue yet no one explains it clearly how to fix it"

May apply to W10, if so link here Sil3132

Link, CmndCntr 2.8.11.0

94 Posts

January 24th, 2020 10:00

thank you cass,that sil3132 was an easy fix and took away that annoying yellow triangle..i tried the link for the command center and says it is not compatible with my system,,im scared to do that due to the fact that when i went to update the awcc in my first win 10 install rendered it useless,,i cannot boot to it to save my life.so right now there is no command center working on my pc however the lights on the side are working so far,,sometimes the fans will ramp up when logging in to the win 10 i have now on a new partition,,so my pc technically has 2 win 10's in here....i guess i have to do a totally clean install and delete the raid 0 and delete any partitions on c:drive

thanks for your help,,,this is frustrating to say the least

No Events found!