Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

U

February 28th, 2012 13:00

SIL3132, SATA controller fix, Area 51-R1, Aurora -R1

So I have been struggling with this issue for a while, after reinstalling Win 7 on my aurora I could never find the driver for the Serial ATA controller. So you have to download this driver:

Silicon Integrated Systems SIL3132

When you install this driver windows does not do it on its own. So when you opening this driver file copy the location your about to install it to which is: C:\dell\drivers\R235001 then install. Once you've done that go to your device manager and right click on Serial ATA controller then click update hardware and browser for the driver manually then paste the copied C:\dell\drivers\R235001 and install and your ATA controller will be fixed. Thought I'd post this fix up because a lot of us have this issue yet no one explains it clearly how to fix it.

Community Manager

• 

54.4K Posts

February 28th, 2012 14:00

Thanks for posting this.

1 Message

November 19th, 2012 08:00

You are the BEST!!!!  Solution worked without a hitch!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!

1 Message

November 28th, 2012 09:00

This definitely saved me as I haven't been able to find drivers forever.

The link is now invalid, but I was able to install from this Dell link: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?driverId=9V4K4

I only had to launch the .exe after I unpacked the file and it installed perfectly. No having to pull the driver file in the device manager anymore. Yay!

Thanks for giving me a starting point though!

1 Message

November 12th, 2014 17:00

Just what i needed, was a breeze,,thank you

2 Posts

September 14th, 2015 12:00

Thank you This worked for me. The link is still good...Just used on Aurara machine after installing Win !0...

2 Posts

September 14th, 2015 13:00

Thank you This worked for me.

The link is still good...Just used on Aurara machine after installing Win !0...

www.dell.com/.../DriverDetails;

After Downloading File, 

C:\dell\drivers\R235001 
Right Click On ..Setup..   RUN As administrator

and BAM Done! All Fixed.  

1 Message

September 15th, 2015 09:00

Win 10 Update.

This works great - superb post!

5 Posts

November 14th, 2015 11:00

Thank you so much.  I have been struggling with this issue until I saw your post.  Very simple and all issues fixed.  Thanks again

Louie

1 Message

May 1st, 2016 08:00

Thank you so very much...Worked like  charm

September 21st, 2016 15:00

Worked like a charm

September 21st, 2016 15:00

Just as an FYI....I just did this after months and months of issues....worked like a charm.  thank you to all those that assisted.

1 Message

February 3rd, 2017 23:00

Thanks for this info. I got a hand-me-down Alienware Aurora system and after installing Win 7 Pro, when going to device manager is well except this Serial ATA driver issue and I have not been able to find a good link to download the driver.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 4th, 2017 12:00

Thanks for this info. I got a hand-me-down Alienware Aurora system and after installing Win 7 Pro, when going to device manager is well except this Serial ATA driver issue and I have not been able to find a good link to download the driver.

If you have an Aurora-R1, the link is above:

It's just the driver for the controller that is only for the External eSata, off the back panel.

No Events found!