Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

July 7th, 2018 21:00

Aurora-R6, installing a Corsair H60

I have an Aurora R6 that has an air cooled I7 7700 (non k) and it gets too hot while under load. I was thinking about installing an H60 AIO since it has space for a radiator but I wanted to know what others thought before I do it. I have read that the motherboard already has a back plate that will work but I cant confirm if that is true or not. If anyone has any suggestions or information that would help it would be greatly appreciated. My main concern is the size of the radiator and the tubes, the motherboard already having a back plate or not, and I am also wondering if the 450W PSU will be able to take the pump or not. Thank you for any info or tips.  

Edit: Ok so I installed the cooler with little to no problem. Temps have majorly improved and everything is going great. When installing though I needed to go out and purchase 6-32x 3/8 screws as the screws that come with the h60 can only hold the fan in place so I put the fan on the bottom and the radiator was held down with the screws I purchased on the top. The tubes do press on the psu but it isn’t an issue it is a very slight pressure and the tubes do not heat up at all. Overall it is a very easy process and the cooler fits in well enough. If anyone has any questions or is trying to do this themselves feel free to ask.

Edit 2: so the corsir h60 is almost a perfect fit in the r6 and my temps never go above 55 now. I have had no problem with the install and it was actually very simple. Just some things to keep in mind the tubes do press on the psu a tad bit but it is nothing noticeable and the tubes do not get hot nor does the block so that's all good. The best position I found was rad fan on the inside so takes all the hot air out of the case and tubes on the rad to the right towards the ram with the sails on the block also pointing towards the ram. If you plan to put the fan on the inside like I did you are gonna need to buy some short screws to hold the rad in place as the ones that come with it will not hold both. I forgot the exact size but if you look up the online service manual you can easily locate the size of the rad screws and then buy some at your local hardware store or online. Over all very worth it and I got almost a 20 degree drop in temps at full load and it wasn't hard at all. If anyone wants to do this but has questions feel free to ask and ill try to get to you as fast as I can. 

22 Posts

October 2nd, 2018 10:00

shouldn't i then have fried my fan already? which post are you referring to?

798 Posts

October 4th, 2018 18:00

Don't know what he is referring to either.  Sent him a PM but no reply.

There are standard connectors on the motherboard and the Dell OEM exhaust fan from a XPS 8930 and the Dell OEM front intake fan from a R6/R7 (shown).  Same on a XPS 8930 CPU cooler fan.  So does the Asetek cooler he has pictured.

Pinouts on both connectors from R to L  

1: Black

2: Red

3: Yellow

4: Blue

Fan connector guides on both Dell fans are at 1 (black) and between 3- 4  (yellow-blue)

IMG_6587.jpgIMG_6590.jpg

IMG_6593.jpg

798 Posts

November 4th, 2018 14:00

AIO liquid cooling wiring should be

Upper radiator fan (or Y cable if using two fans) into TOP FAN header

Nothing conected to CPU FAN Header (will not get start up error with this open)

Pump Power (or tach cable if pump powered by SATA) to PUMP header

798 Posts

February 5th, 2019 09:00

April 25th, 2019 05:00

can anyone confirm whether the dell MB has to be lifted to fit a backplate or can it just be fitted to the existing plate on the air cooled system

July 1st, 2020 15:00

Where does the SATA Power and 3 pin connecter go????? For h60

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 1st, 2020 16:00

@Mahid.101   Where does the SATA Power and 3 pin connecter go????? For h60

SATA power to an SATA connector coming from your PSU

Pump tach to mobo PUMP header

radiator fan to mobo TOP FAN header

mobo CPU FAN header *empty*

61 Posts

September 4th, 2022 00:00

So, I just purchased an h60i and am waiting for to come in. I was wondering where to hook up the fan and cpu pump cables to. Can you add a photo of your setup? 

I think you have to connect one cable to the system fan, and the other to the cpu fan. The pump cable goes where?

I have an aurora r4, so it had the original cpu pump. It turned our to be bad and burned up.

Thanks, in advance.

Easycool

4 Operator

• 

2.1K Posts

September 4th, 2022 09:00

I would start with radiator fan to SYS_FAN and pump tach to CPU_FAN . . . if you got the H60 (2018) version pump power will be SATA connection direct from PSU. Consider starting a new thread.

No Events found!