Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

June 11th, 2018 01:00

Aurora-R7, AlienFX and Control Center

So I have the Aurora R7, 34 Monitor, Ultimate Gaming Mouse, and Performance Keyboard. It seems I need to use two different tools: Control Center and Command Center's AlienFX to control lighting.

First Complaint: Why two different software that competes with each other on the same system, seems like poor design.

But my real issue, through the Control Center I can have animated customization of the lights (such as pulsing, rainbow, fireworks, etc). Pretty cool to do that on the keyboard and mouse. But then I switch to the Command Center to control the lighting on the monitor and desktop. In the AlienFX side of things, I can only set static colors (even for the keyboard on mouse). Seems like AlienFX  is actually missing the FX part? Unfortunately setting the colors through the Command Center limits me to static colors and no actions, overwriting anything I setup in the control center and further can't set as a theme. Seems like there is a module missing for the effects.

Is this a known issue they are actively working on? Is it a hardware limitation (certainly it is not for the mouse and keyboard.. or monitor as it rotates through colors). Would be nice to get some acknowledgement if this is designed as intended / how to fix / when the patch is coming out?

1 Message

July 21st, 2018 00:00

Alienware Control Center? I just bout the R7 with the pro keyboard, mouse and 25" gaming monitor. Command Center did not detect anything except the PC tower. Called support and they told me to use Control Center. Then directed me to the product support download page so I could download it. It was not there! No more Control Center. Then proceeded to tell me that there was an update coming for Command Center, but did not know when. What junk!

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 21st, 2018 15:00

@shwnster wrote:

Called support and they told me to use Control Center. Then directed me to the product support download page so I could download it. It was not there! No more Control Center.

I thought it was here:

https://dell.com/support/home/au/en/audhs1/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=YJFWG

Details here:

https://dell.com/community/Alienware-Desktops/Area-51-R5-Alienware-Keyboard-not-in-AWCC/m-p/6115320

1 Message

August 28th, 2018 13:00

Same issue here. Actually at first the main command center (with thermals and fusion etc.) was able to detect/control my keyboard/mouse. After I did a clean install of windows and reainstalled the CC, the keyboard and mouse were gone. I found an "Alienware Command Center" in the windows store that will control they keyboard/mouse but not the tower so meh. I liked being able to "go light" and watch all the lights turn on like from a sci-fi film, sadly this no longer works. The tray "go light" only affects the tower- lame.

Dell! this is a super easy fix! please make sure your command center is updated and get rid of this stupid "control center" or windows app command center bs that simply isnt working for us!

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 28th, 2018 14:00

@Keevs wrote:

Same issue here. Actually at first the main command center (with thermals and fusion etc.) was able to detect/control my keyboard/mouse. After I did a clean install of windows and reainstalled the CC, the keyboard and mouse were gone. I found an "Alienware Command Center" in the windows store that will control they keyboard/mouse but not the tower so meh. I liked being able to "go light" and watch all the lights turn on like from a sci-fi film, sadly this no longer works. The tray "go light" only affects the tower- lame.

Dell! this is a super easy fix! please make sure your command center is updated and get rid of this stupid "control center" or windows app command center bs that simply isnt working for us!

I don't have the lighted Alienware Keyboard and Mouse to test with (I like my Logitech gaming-class set instead) but ...

My understanding is that you install them both.
Alienware Command Center - For Alienware Desktop itself
Alienware Control Center - For new Alienware-branded Keyboard and Mouse

If that is not the case, or you can't get them both to work concurrently, please let us know here.

September 23rd, 2018 18:00

I am encountering a similar problem. What is happening is that the Alienware Command Center is overwriting any lighting effects for the AW768 that have been implemented through the Control Center, I haven't been able to find a way around it.

42 Posts

January 23rd, 2021 21:00

Hello Friends:

I recently upgraded my Aurora R7 to a new NVMe SSD boot drive, and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro. 

Now I’m attempting to install Alienware Command Center. After an initial attempt I’m getting a Thermal Controller exception/error upon booting up. 

Not sure what to do now?

What is best method to find latest version of Command Center?  Microsoft Store?

Appreciate your help 

Dave

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 23rd, 2021 21:00

Uninstall all existing Alienware Command Center from Aurora-R7.

Reboot.

Clean-Install this one from support.dell.com

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=f8p3v&oscode=wt64a&productcode=alienware-aurora-r7-desktop

42 Posts

January 24th, 2021 13:00

Okay, so I installed the latest version of Command Center last night:                                                          AURORA-R7_Alienware-Command-Center-for-Desktops_F8P3V_WIN64_4.8.20.0_A00.EXE                                                                                                                                                                                                            Appears to be working fine now.

Also, if anyone knows, what is this other app listed on the same Dell support page?                              App_DT_AWCC4.8.20.0_W10_Setup_F8P3V_ZPE.exe

Did anyone install this file as well? Let me know.

42 Posts

January 24th, 2021 13:00

Hello:

I installed the same version of Command Center last night, appears to be working fine. I recently did a re-install of Windows 10 Pro, consequently Command Center app was missing.

Tell me, if you know, what is this other app listed on the same Dell support page:  App_DT_AWCC4.8.20.0_W10_Setup_F8P3V_ZPE.exe

Did you install this file as well? Let me know.

Thanks

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

January 24th, 2021 15:00

"Also, if anyone knows, what is this other app listed on the same Dell support page?"

It's the same file, Dell's website says you can download it as an exe (first option) or a zipped file (second option):

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=f8p3v

42 Posts

January 26th, 2021 19:00

I see, thanks!

No Events found!