Unsolved

SA

14 Posts

May 12th, 2020 10:00

Aurora R7, P2418HT, no signal after auto maintenance

Aurora R7 Desktop

Dell Monitor P2418HT

Plugged in Via:  HDMI

After auto maintenance, the monitor says (no HD cable connected) and goes into energy savings mode.

I have already tried messing with the input features on the monitor, to no avail.  Rebooting does nothing.  The only thing that works is turning off the monitor and the computer at the power source (unplugging from the wall), waiting at least 1 full minute, and re-starting the power.  Everything else fails.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

May 12th, 2020 10:00

Try turning everything off, unplugging the monitor power cable too, and holding the power button on the monitor for 10 seconds, then retrying.

You can also run the built in diagnostics to check for errors while its disconnected from the PC.   

May 12th, 2020 17:00

Yes -- that works for a 1 time fix... BUT... this has to be done constantly, which is the problem.  I should not have to do ANYTHING each time the system goes through auto maintenance.

9 Legend

• 

11.7K Posts

May 12th, 2020 23:00

can you try connect R7 and monitor via DP-DP cable?

August 1st, 2020 11:00

DP-DP is same issue:  MONITOR says no signal from DP, no signal from VGA, no signal from HDMI.  Again, I verified the MONITOR works great.  I plugged it into a 10 year old laptop -- working great -- makes the 10 year old laptop a better option than the new loaded $2,000 R7.

The computer also works great when plugged into any TV via the HDMI port.  The $300 Dell Monitor does not have a simple HDMI in port (I guess that was too elementary for DELL to include on a $349 monitor).

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

August 1st, 2020 16:00

There's a firmware update for your monitor on Dell's website that you can try:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/dell-p2418ht-monitor/drivers

August 2nd, 2020 18:00

DP Cable also says no signal.   In fact, previously, I was connecting via the DP cable to the DP slot on the Aurora R7.  After the Windows 10 update, the Monitor sees no DP, no VGA, and NO HD connection from the Aurora.

This afternoon, I connected the R7 to a different monitor via HDMI -- works great.

This afternoon, I also connected the Monitor to a different older computer via the VGA -- works great.

So, the Monitor and R7 both work, just not with each other.

August 3rd, 2020 20:00

Thank you -- I did do the firmware update. 

Because I now have a work-around:  The monitor is plugged into an old computer via VGA, while the computer is plugged into an older monitor via HDMI, I'm not in a hurry to unplug and move everything around again -- for another try.  I will though -- and thanks again.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

August 5th, 2020 20:00

The other thing to keep in mind is the USB upstream cable for the touchscreen monitor needs to be connected to a USB 3.0 port or it has been reported to cause black screens.  Not all of the USB ports on the R7 are 3.0.  Look for a USB port with the words "SS" written next to it and make sure the upstream cable from the pc to the monitor is connected to one of those or you may get black screens. 

August 6th, 2020 01:00

Thank you for that advice.  I will check for usb 3.0 only, the next time I try to connect the monitor to the R7.

As of now, the monitor is connected to a 10 year old Toshiba laptop, running windows 7, with no usb 3.0 connections.  The monitor and old Toshiba are working perfectly together.  

The R7 is working perfectly, connected to an older monitor, via the HDMI.  I actually have a total of 8 gadgets hooked up via USB.  I have 2 USB 3.0 Hubs, with 4 ports each, plugged in behind the monitor.  Then only 2 USB cords running down the hole in my desk to the R7 Tower.  I'm not sure whether they are plugged into a 3.0 or not, as this advice is brand new.

Thanks again for that tip.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

August 6th, 2020 17:00

Sure, for the monitor's touchscreen cable, I'd suggest plugging it directly into an available usb 3.0 port in the R7 as opposed to a hub.  That may be the source of the issue.

August 6th, 2020 19:00

I will try that as soon as I am back home.  I'm currently away at work for 2 weeks.  The Dell Monitor seems remarkable -- it transforms my old work laptop into a 2 screen monster.

Thank you for all of the advice.

No Events found!