Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

May 17th, 2020 04:00

Aurora R7, fan issue, CPU Pump Failed

I've had my desktop for around 2-3 years now with no issues or damages. This issue happened when I updated windows a couple days ago. The issue where my fans would stay idle, even though I diagnosed them and all work fine even the night before the update, I would get this error message (see image) as well when I restart it would say pump failure. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the command center which works but when I shut down the issue keeps coming back. I have made sure to update everything necessary for my PC also in the Alienware update app. 

Shows once everything is booted upShows once everything is booted upsometimes it doesn't say pump failure and it would show everything is working just idle fans even if I have it on manual at 100%sometimes it doesn't say pump failure and it would show everything is working just idle fans even if I have it on manual at 100%

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

May 17th, 2020 07:00

What did you update in windows that caused these errors? Windows 1909?  

May 17th, 2020 07:00

Yeah its that one should've came out on the 13th this month I believe 

1 Rookie

• 

229 Posts

May 17th, 2020 16:00

I have an R7 going on over 2 years. I'm still on 1903 and installed the most recent update. No issues. See if you can do a system restore.

22GREEN_0-1589758740205.png

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

May 18th, 2020 18:00

I'm still on 1909.  I haven't had any issues.  The most recent version is the May 2020 (version 2004) win 10 update.  I've seen various postings about losing thermal readings in AWCC (other software still works fine) but no fix that I'm aware of.  I haven't really been following it, but don't think I've seen anyone yet attribute it to a windows 10 update.  If that is the case, it should be easy to fix by rolling it back to 1909: 

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Update & Security.
  3. Click on Recovery.
  4. Under the “Go back to previous version of Windows 10” section, click the Get started button. ...
  5. Select a reason why you're uninstalling the Update.
  6. Click the Next button.
No Events found!