Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

1 Message

June 21st, 2020 05:00

Aurora R8, updates will not install

These update will not install, I left it on all night (about 9 hours) and was still stuck at Verifying in the status field. My version of Assist is 3.5.0.448. I've even tried doing them one at a time and still gets no where. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.  

Trammell_0-1592740948179.png

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

September 14th, 2020 21:00

You can also update them directly from Dell.com by entering your service tag.  No need to do it via support assist.  But I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling Support Assist to do it that way. 

5 Practitioner

• 

3.1K Posts

September 15th, 2020 11:00

You know @r72019,

support assist actually sometimes doesn’t even find the driver you’re looking for.

i did a test to find out if it can get the driver for the thermal dynamic platform and windows update literally found it in the device manager while the support assist app found nothing.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

September 15th, 2020 21:00

On a related note, support assist will only display options available for the PC as originally shipped, not all available options for your PC.  For example, if you were to upgrade to a K class Intel CPU, support assist will never display OC Controls for you.  The only way to get it is by not entering your service tag and pulling all available updates from Dell for that model. 

5 Practitioner

• 

3.1K Posts

September 16th, 2020 13:00

Makes sense.

No Events found!