Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 6th, 2021 14:00

Aurora R9, cannot install BIOS update 1.0.11

As the title states I can not update my BIOS to version 1.0.11. I am currently on version 1.0.9 I have tried updating through support assist as well as downloading the executable from the dell website and installing that way nothing has worked. The weird part is support assist adds another completed update to my total history but just pops right back up and says updated needed. Every time I update, my pc restarts everything is fine and once booted I check the current version and I am still on version 1.0.9. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance!

396 Posts

April 7th, 2021 00:00

I can only recommend what worked for me when updating the BIOS:

1. Make sure Windows "fast start up" is turned off before monkeying with the RAM or BIOS.

2. Update BIOS outside of Windows, either through USB procedure or BIOS update through F12 key "One Time Boot Menu".

Personally, I used the "One Time Boot Method"...I downloaded the new BIOS to my "downloads" file, rebooted and hit F12 Key...

Screen shows--Boot Mode is set to: UEFI; Secure Boot: On

Scroll down past "Other Options" to "BIOS Flash Updates" and enter.

As I recall, there is a area where it says something about "new BIOS" file, and you highlight and click on the new BIOS file that you want to change to. It was very intuitive and progressed one, two three.

Once you have your chosen new BIOS highlighted, I think you just hit an "Update BIOS" key and waited...only took around a minute. Then you either hit a reboot key on the screen or it does it automatically, I don't recall since the operation went so quickly.

For this to work without problems, I presume you have to have your downloads saved to "downloads" in your C drive (I think that's where it automatically looks for the new BIOS files, I doubt it searches all your drives). Frankly I was a little surprised to see the new file listed, seemed too easy.

The main thing is that it is flashing the BIOS prior to the loading of Windows.

Hope this helps.

April 7th, 2021 12:00

Thank you I got it to work!! Just had to use a usb instead of trying to get the file from my downloads. Everything was on point thanks again!

No Events found!