Start a Conversation

Unsolved

11 Posts

January 18th, 2022 17:00

Aurora r13, second machine, blackscreen again, and multiple.dll errors after the machine being initialized

Hello All,

Due to the black screen and power on problem of the previous machine. The tech department requested a replacement for me. I just received the new machine, however, for the first time I powered on the replacement, went into windows, it has multiple .dll errors, which include sqlite3.dll, WebView2Loader.dll, VCRUNTIME140.dll, VCRUNTIME140_1.dll, I know it's obviously a returned machine from someone else, I don't care about that part. I just wonder

1. Why a newly received machine have multiple dll errors?

2. The first time I enter the windows, I immediately set the power performance setting on both ACC and battery to high 

performance. 

The computer runs fine for the first 2-3 hrs. Then black screen problem just occurred again.

Any suggestions?

1 Rookie

• 

436 Posts

January 18th, 2022 17:00

If you haven't already, download and install the 1.08 bios.  See if that fixed your problems.  

11 Posts

January 18th, 2022 21:00

Thanks for the suggestion. Just update the bios, the same error codes showed up again. Before the update, the error codes showed up right after log in. Now the error codes show up on the log in page.

1 Rookie

• 

436 Posts

January 18th, 2022 21:00

Try turning off microsoft teams at startup.  Go to your search bar, type "startup apps" and open that up.  Scroll through it and turn off Microsoft Teams.  See if that helps.  A clean install of Windows would probably fix it, but try the other suggestion first.

6 Professor

• 

6.4K Posts

January 19th, 2022 03:00

If the black screen problem is during post, prior to windows, it will not be related to Windows.

In that case I would contact support again, since this is a system straight out of a box.

The DLL errors should not happen out of the box either, but that you likely can fix with a clean Windows installation from USB media, or the OS recovery mode from the recovery partition.

11 Posts

January 19th, 2022 19:00

Thank you. Sounds like another 3 weeks back and forth to deal with Dell's tech support lol

11 Posts

January 19th, 2022 19:00

For the first machine that has the black screen problem, I found a temporary solution is to let the computer keep playing web streaming video (then the computer will always be running, and never turns to sleep. In contrast, if I set the power plan to never to sleep and let the computer be there without any operation, the blackscreen problem will occur). But I don't think that's a feasible solution, any idea about what's the problem behind this issue?

6 Professor

• 

6.4K Posts

January 20th, 2022 03:00

No, but it seems to be a common issue as multiple users have reported it on this forum.

There are some that have had success turning of deep sleep mode(s), or locking the PCIe bus to X16 link speed rather than having it down clock.

No Events found!