Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 7th, 2018 06:00

Aurora R7, Windows 10 activate problem

Hello! I have a problem, I bought aurora R7 alienware desktop, at the first launch the system asked me for the language and location, I chose English and the location of Poland. All stages were successful but after completing the "installation" on the desktop there was information that the system is inactive (error code: 0xC004C003). I wrote for support in this matter, but I received the reply that I have to activate the code by phone. My English is not good and I do not want to call anywhere, I just want to normally activate windows 10 ... How is it possible that the equipment for such a large amount has no activated system? Please help!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 9th, 2018 10:00

Hi @Jaro341@Goldir,

Microsoft is having some activation issues on the new systems. As @Jaro341 said, this can be fix by running the troubleshooter.

Open Windows Settings > Update and Security > Activation > Troubleshoot: the Windows troubleshooter should successfully activated the Operating System.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

August 7th, 2018 07:00

That error can mean servers are busy. Try again later. In your case it could be a conflict with where you bought the computer and where you are activating it. Was it purchased new in a different country? Did you enter any product  key? Entering a key is not necessary when activating the first time. Do the setup again and skip entering a key in the beginning and it should activate when you connect to the Internet. There is no personal key on a new computer, just a generic one. Entering the generic key will also give you that error. Your personal key will be assigned after activation. If all else fails, you must call the activation number to get this fixed. Your English is excellent.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 7th, 2018 10:00

Error 0xC004C003 is a windows activation error that comes up when you try and activate your windows 10 from a clean install. This is not a Dell issue. There is nobody here who can or will issue you a new KEY.

Error Code: 0xC004C003 means the activation server determined the specified product key is in use. Which will have a dialog box that says:

The activation server determined that the specified product key has been blocked" Error 0xC004C003

If you have a genuine WINDOWS 10 SLP key in bios this should not be an issue.

Machines that try to re re re re use MAK keys will have this issue.

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/upgrade-install-errors-windows-10

Why can't I activate Windows 10?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 7th, 2018 11:00

You will have to buy a new HOME or PRO key from microsoft or an oem system builder copy with the new coa sticker format.  That gets you a permanent DVD copy and a coa key.  These system builder Discs are in a white envelope.  Pro DVD's are purple and Home DVD's are Blue. However either disk works on either you just have to select the correct version when it asks for a key.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Pro-System-Builder/dp/B00ZSHDJ4O

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Software-Windows-System-Builder/dp/B00ZSI7Y3U

Windows_10_COA.jpg

oem windowsoem windows

4 Posts

August 7th, 2018 11:00

Thank you for your answer. in which case, what do I have to do to activate the system? to buy a new win10 key?

3 Posts

August 7th, 2018 12:00

This error may normally come from a clean install, but I just received my Alienware Aurora R7 Desktop on 6 August 2018, and mine has the exact same error code as well. Svc Tag .

I don't need a new key, and I doubt the OP does.  I DO, however, need the OEM key on the system to activate, as an unactivated Win10 OS has reduced functionality.

I figured I would check with the Dell community forums to see if there is a solution before I make a tech support call with the inevitable language barrier.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 7th, 2018 14:00

Your R7 was not purchased yesterday.  You also have onsite Service after Diagnosis.

Onsite Service After Remote Diagnosis (Consumer Customer)/ Next Business Day Onsite After Remote Diagnosis (Commercial Customer) August 02, 2018 August 07, 2019  

You do need to go online to activate.  There are no more permanent activation's so this must be done every 180 days.

210-ANMO : Aurora R7 Base
450-AAGO : US Power Cord
658-BCUO : Additional Software
570-AACL : Alienware USB Optical Mouse
321-BDHR : 460W APFC PSU Air Cooled Chass is
817-BBBC : Not selected in this configura tion
619-AHCQ : Windows 10 Home (64bit) Englis h
490-BECU : NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1050T i with 4GB GDDR5
340-ACQQ : No Option Included
370-ADUC : 8GB (1X8GB) DDR4, 2666MHz
340-AGIK : Safety/Environment and Regulat ory Guide (English/French Multi-language)
800-BBEV : Thank you for Choosing Dell
389-CGBB : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 Processor Label
817-BBBP : None Required
340-BYWQ : Shipping Material
389-CGML : Regulatory Label
555-BDBY : 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.1, Dual Band 2.4&5 GHz, 1x1
817-BBBB : No FGA
658-BCSC : Microsoft Office 30 Day Trial
340-BYWO : Aurora R7 Placemat
400-AMXY : 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive
332-1530 : Dell.com Order
580-AAOJ : Alienware Standard USB 2.0 Key board (English)
555-BDVS : DW1820 Wireless Driver
338-BNMZ : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 (6-C ore, 9MB Cache, up to 4GHz wit h Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology)

3 Posts

August 7th, 2018 15:00

You are absolutely correct. It was not purchased yesterday. It was delivered yesterday. Because the system was manufactured in Mexico and shipped to my place in Nebraska.

During initial setup, I connected the system to the internet via ethernet, and all other internet functionality works, so it is a real conundrum.

I read on another forum that sometimes this particular error will clear up on its own 48-72 hours after initial setup, so I will wait until Friday morning and if it has not resolved itself by that point I will call in for support.

Thank you for trying to help though, it is appreciated.

4 Posts

August 7th, 2018 15:00

when I buy a box with a DVD and activation code, I will have to re-load the system, or is it enough to give the activation code itself in the settings?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 8th, 2018 09:00

When you buy the System Builder Media with COA Key you will not have to reinstall UNLESS you chose the wrong version of windows.

Home keys do not work for Pro

Pro Keys do not work for Home.

While Online you run administrative command prompt and type in  SLUI  3

it will then accept the new key.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 8th, 2018 09:00

You don't have to wait

Use showkey plus to read the bios key and then SLUI 3 to Re enter it WHILE ONLINE.

SHOWKEYPLUS.PNG

XP and VISTA keys DO NOT WORK for windows 7 or 8 or 10.

https://github.com/Superfly-Inc/ShowKeyPlus/releases/download/ShowKeyPlus6594/ShowKeyPlus1.0.6594.zip

You have to unzip show key plus and run as administrator.

Find your Windows product key with ShowKeyPlus

Applies to Windows 7, 8 and 10

(Please Note: XP is no longer supported)
Your product key depends on the type of Windows version you bought:

• If you bought Windows from an authorized retailer, the product key will only show as the Installed key. This applies to OEM System Builder keys as well.

• If you upgraded Windows, the Original key will be the key installed prior to the upgrade. NB if you upgrade to Windows 10 for free, you'll receive a unique ‘digital entitlement’ instead of a product key. The key displayed will be a generic key in that case.

• If you bought a new PC running Windows, the product key will be pre–installed on your PC and the key will be included in the firmware in the case of Windows 8 or 10 - or as an OEM marker, in the case of previous versions. The OEM key will display the key in the case of the former, or whether your PC was built for Windows Vista or Windows 7.

4 Posts

August 8th, 2018 15:00

Hello, I've fixed the problem with system activation. today when I turned on the computer, I did not notice information about the inactive system in the lower right corner. I was very interested in this and went into settings, then in Windows update and "activation". Later I chose the troubleshoot option and the system activated itself without entering any key or system restore.

1 Message

October 16th, 2018 17:00

I have the same issue- troubleshooting it did not work for me. It now says unable to contact Windows authentication servers, the first time it said key is not valid.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 16th, 2018 17:00

@ddscott wrote:
I have the same issue- troubleshooting it did not work for me. It now says unable to contact Windows authentication servers, the first time it said key is not valid.

Welcome to the forum.

What exact machine model do you have?

So, you are just running the Windows-10 64bit that came pre-loaded? I have a feeling there is a story behind how you got to this point.

2 Posts

May 24th, 2019 21:00

@Alienware-Eimy wrote:

Hi @Jaro341@Goldir,

Microsoft is having some activation issues on the new systems. As @Jaro341 said, this can be fix by running the troubleshooter.

Open Windows Settings > Update and Security > Activation > Troubleshoot: the Windows troubleshooter should successfully activated the Operating System.

Thank-you! This ironical completely solved the issue for me.My

brain completely filters out that "Troubleshoot" function everywhere in Windows because it has never worked for me until today.  I'm stunned.

So my setup for anyone else and to help with keywords:

I bought a Dell New XPS 13 inch 2019 9380 brand new from Costco. I faced this error during activation and it prevented me from installing Microsoft Office 2016 as well. However, I followed the steps and in 15 seconds everything was in the clear and activated.

No Events found!