Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2016 06:00

8 beeps and very strange behaviour

Hi,

So this is what happend to my Alienware 17

1. 8 beeps and no display

2. Plug it in to TV via HDMI ( nvidia 880m card ) and screen working fine. However every time I restart the system beeping comes back ( unless pluged first to TV )

3. Swaped from 880 to integrated card to run diagnostic tool ( unable to run it on 880 as only beeping ocured ) ePSA showed error 2000-0321. Restart. No beeping booting goes fine until the point where windows logon screen should appear then nothing happens.

4. Windows only opens in safe mode so unable to change to 880 again

Any help ??

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 2nd, 2016 15:00

Which Alienware 17? There are three revisions, R1, R2, R3. If not sure, click my username, send me a private message with the system service tag number.

8 beep equals possible LCD failure.

* Turn the computer off
* Press and hold the D key while pressing the power button. This will start the BIST
* If no video is shown yet at this point it is recommended to connect the computer to an external monitor (if available) to confirm if video problem is related to the LCD panel or to the computer’s video card itself

Are you saying that the laptop LCD works when NOT connected to the TV but booting into safemode? When connected to the TV, try to reinstall the latest Bios for your system.

8836.error.JPG

763 Posts

August 2nd, 2016 21:00

If you were using a version of EVGA Precision X that was released within the last 12 to 16 months the LCD EDID may be corrupted.

No Events found!