Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 16th, 2015 14:00

ALIENWARE ALPHA with BCM94352z(DW1560) BLUETOOTH

I have an alienware alpha since last month and I love it. However, when I try to put BCM94352z(DW1560 wifi module) into the system, the system is not able to recognize the bluetooth part. The DEVICE manage in WIN8 just tells a yellow mark on it and saying failed to obtain hardware description. No device ID can be seen. After couple reboot, it finally worked. But if the system was turned off for a while. The problem will come back again. The system diagnostic was also failed to find the bluetooth hardware. Do you have any idea? Need help about this. Thank you in Advance.

• 

2.7K Posts

July 17th, 2015 10:00

Unfortunately, since it's a 3rd party device we cannot ensure its full functionality. Try installing different versions of the driver to get it to work.

3 Posts

July 17th, 2015 10:00

The things even the motherboard was not able to detect the bluetooth, so no driver can be installed. It was keep saying no bluetooth hardware was being founded. Is it the hardware issue that need to do RMA on my console? THANKYOU.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

July 21st, 2015 11:00

If you have already tried different driver versions from the manufacturer like the previous representative stated, this problem could be a limitation on the motherboard hardware. It may not support the device. We cannot fully confirm this since we do not support this configuration. If you need to have Bluetooth on this system, you could also look in to the USB Bluetooth adapters.

No Events found!