Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

March 23rd, 2017 22:00

After starting the Upgrade to Bios A10, my Alienware A51 R2 is stuck at the Alienware boot logo. What do I do?

After starting the Upgrade to Bios A10, my Alienware A51 R2 is stuck at the Alienware boot logo.

What do I do?

March 24th, 2017 03:00

Same thing happened to me. BIOS Reset helped. try to go into BIOS (hit F2 or DEL during startup), go to Exit and load Defaults. if it doesn't work, pull the Power Plug, hold power on button for a minute and try again.

oh and after BIOS reset don't forget to enable secure boot.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 24th, 2017 11:00

If this is an Area51-R2 desktop ... I would call it that in forums.

"A51" isn't a valid model and might be confused with other models (requiring entirely different procedures and troubleshooting). Just sayin.

March 25th, 2017 17:00

na. A51 R2 + Bios A10 (newest Area 51 version). all there. no doubt regarding correct model. besides. my suggestion was a simple power drain. but generaly speaking your right. imagin what could happen if i told him to pull the cmos battery and it turned out he has a laptop. screws and buttons everywhere

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 29th, 2017 11:00

Hi, 

If the procedures above did not resolve the issue, send us your Service Tag in a PM so we can check on the repair options. To send a PM, hover your mouse to my username and select the "Message" option. 

3 Posts

March 29th, 2017 21:00

I was hoping Alienware tech would reply a few days sooner than this.  Nevermind - I found a working solution on a less snarky site.  There aren't many options when you can't even get to the F2/DEL stage.

Thanks.

3 Posts

March 29th, 2017 21:00

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 30th, 2017 09:00

I thought maybe the OP had an Alienware x51-R2.

Oh well, I guess that's what I get for trying to help.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 30th, 2017 09:00

mdougc wrote:

I was hoping Alienware tech would reply a few days sooner than this. 

This is an Alienware Owner's Community Forum (we are all just Alienware Owners, just like you).

Dell/ Alienware employees do occasionally post here and Moderate. However, if you want an immediate response from Dell/Alienware Tech Support exclusively, you should contact their department directly by Phone, Email or (I think) even Chat is facilitated.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 30th, 2017 12:00

Three of us posted trying to help (one was even a Dell Employee).

Then he comes back to post that? It would be different if he actually posted the steps used to fix it.

March 30th, 2017 12:00

there, there....

March 30th, 2017 13:00

some people are impatiend . it has to go fast. it's a fan forum, not a hotline. and there is nothing we can do about it. i saw his post in the morning but decided to ignore it.

he marked my post as helpful before he left. i guess someone told him to reset the bios settings.

however.... this thing is over. let's move on.

No Events found!