Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 20th, 2012 07:00

Alien Respawn not working.

Hi folks,

Looking for a bit of help on the respawn program. I wished to restore my pc back to the factory settings but when I ran through the program via windows it will restart the pc, but my screen just goes blank as if no signal input, the restart was taking an unnatural amount of time (patiently waited just shy of an hour), to the point where, I didn't believe it was doing anything, so I had to shut down the machine manually with the button. I also get this problem when updating graphics drivers where the screen is blacked out permanently and requires a hard shut down to fix. No idea what damage this may have done but I don't think it should take nearly an hour to update graphics.

I'm not sure how I am supposed to start it outside of windows, as the opportunity to do so, doesn't show on my screen when I boot the pc normally. Press start up button...pc monitor is blank for half a minute then turns on to the welcome to windows screen. Nothing in-between starting and getting to the desktop.

System is as follows

Alienware Aurora R4

Bios: Aurora 03

Processor: Intelcore i7 3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 4 core 8 logical processors

RAM: 8GB

Graphics:  AMD Raedeon HD 7800 Series x2 CrossFire, Drivers 12.8

Monitor: HP S2031a 20inch Diagonal LCD Monitor

406 Posts

September 20th, 2012 09:00

You can also use respawn by restarting your computer, lightly start tapping while F8 while rebooting till you get to the advanced boot options screen, choose repair my computer, then choose respawn and go from there.

September 20th, 2012 07:00

turn the machine on and press f2 untill the bios appears, go to boot options and select dvd rom as 1st bot insert disc and restart pc.although it is odd your not getting the alienware welcome logo.

2 Posts

Discovered what the problem was with the blackscreen and it was simple human error, Since I got the pc, my monitor has been plugged into the secondary graphics card, rather than the primary. Hence why it wouldn't show anything on boot and blacks out the screen..

yep that would do it, hopefully now you will see the alienhead with red design on boot and now your boot options.to restore if still needed.

2 Posts

October 21st, 2012 09:00

Hi all

I have a similar problem and I have been searching all around for help but to no avail. When trying to do a factory reset, the "restore to factory settings" option is not listed. Desperately trying to perform a factory reset and start fresh , but no one has been able to help me. 

There was a patch to fix an issue with windows 7 not being able to recognize the recovery partition and the patch was posted on the alienware website. 

Whenever I try to install the patch, it says "Intializing mbr failed".

How can I do a factory reset if the patch provided from alienware doesn't work??????

Please help

No Events found!