Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 11th, 2017 16:00

Alienware 13 r2 help!? **Video**

When I turn it on the screen shows the alien logo then the screen goes black and the lights start flickering.. I had the motherboard replaced by Dell a couple months ago and it's no longer under warranty. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! thank you all

Alienware 13 R2 help!? - YouTube 

June 12th, 2017 02:00

Hallo.

well the first Thing you can try is run the EPSA Test. turn on the Laptop and hit F12.

tell us if there are any Errors or not.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

June 12th, 2017 09:00

Hi ShadowSuave‌,

Try a power drain, use this video as a reference on how to perform it: Alienware: Power Drain - YouTube 

One of the power drain steps is to disconnect the battery cable, here you can see some pictures that will show you how to do it in case you need it:

Service Door

Pre-Removal Instructions

Before removing the Service Door:

1. During installation or removal of any hardware, always make sure all data is backed up properly.
  2. Disconnect any telephone, network, or USB cables from the computer.
  3. Disconnect the computer and all attached devices
    from their electrical outlets.
This is an image of the Service Door.

Locate the service door.

Locate the service door.

Loosen the two captive screws that secure the service door to the computer base.

Loosen the two captive screws that secure the service door to the computer base.

Pry up the service door and lift it off the computer base. Use a scribe, if necessary.

Pry up  the service door and lift it off the computer base. Use a scribe, if necessary.

Disconnect the battery cable from the system board.

Disconnect the battery cable from the system board.

Then as CarbonBasedLifeform‌ suggested: Try running an ePSA/Diagnostic test on the system, click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run this test. Let me know if you receive any errors. 

No Events found!