Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

July 19th, 2017 16:00

Alienware 15r3 detected as 17r4

Hi all. 2 weeks ago i sent my laptop fo dell ti fix the overheating issue. After receiving it today i found my laptop is detected as 17r4 model which results in a lot of application that wont work. How can i fix this because dell takes a long time to fix anything.

July 20th, 2017 00:00

Hallo.

how is it possible? is it really your old Laptop? 17 R4 Motherboard is larger then the 15 R3 and should not fit into 15 Inches Laptop. what does it show when you open BIOS Settings? do you have different CPU installed as well?

the only Explanation i have is they somehow managed to install wrong BIOS Version. install CPU-Z if you can and post a Screenshot please.

12 Posts

July 20th, 2017 01:00

Everything is the same except that gsync doesn't work anymore. When i search for bios both laptops have the same bios. I installed 15r3 bios and still same problem.

1 Attachment

July 20th, 2017 02:00

thanks for the Screenshot.

un-freaking-believable!

how could that happen? you've had just a minor Temp Problem. they should only re-paste the Thermal Paste but now you have wrong Motherboard installed instead. still can't believe it fits into 15 R3 Case.

Dell Tech Support totally messed it up. as far as i know the Motherboard should support G-Sync. the installed one however does not it seems. call Dell again and let them fix it.

i'm Angry right now and it's not my Laptop. don't they Test the Devices after they replace Hardware? seriously, how Lazy are they?

12 Posts

July 20th, 2017 03:00

This ia Dell korea. Instead of helping people they search for anyway to ruin it. Anyway i will give them a call tomorrow.

No Events found!