Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

April 14th, 2015 08:00

Alienware 17 R2 Witcher 3

I recently purchased an alienware 17 R2 and noticed that there is an offer to get witcher 3 for free if you purchased an nvidia 900 series GPU.

Since my laptop came with a 980M how would I go about redeeming this offer?

Thank you!

• 

2.7K Posts

April 14th, 2015 13:00

If you bought it when the promotion was available then you will be eligible, if you didn't received the code you can contact customer service they might be able to help you with that. 

109 Posts

April 16th, 2015 00:00

Only certain companies and partners offer this. Dell/Alienware isn't one of them. Your out of luck.

109 Posts

April 17th, 2015 12:00

Interesting.. NVidia doesn't show that.. News to me. :)

1 Message

April 29th, 2015 22:00

did you ever figure out how to get the code. i just received my 15 today and i cant find out how to get the code. nothing came with the package that referenced witcher. 

118 Posts

April 30th, 2015 22:00

In the same boat, so to speak.  Got my AW-15 yesterday and nothing in the box for the game.  I sent an email to customer service, who replied that we would get our codes via email on game launch day.

This is unusual because I have gotten free games in the past from NVidia and they usually give you a code, even prior to launch, on a postcard.

I suggest you get ahold of customer service and see what they say.  You can be sure I will contact them again in a few days to see if the answer changes.

Good luck.

8 Posts

May 19th, 2015 10:00

Just wondering if anyone had any updates to this question about Witcher 3? 

3 Posts

May 22nd, 2015 07:00

I received an email from Dell yesterday with instructions on how to get to My Locker.  The game download was there.

8 Posts

May 22nd, 2015 11:00

Spent the last four days with various reps. Try the "My Locker" *** first folks.

Some people, though, are getting a "no acct exists w/ that email address" message and the customer service reps don't seem to know how to fix it so they "escalate" it. 

I just got off the phone w/ another rep (3rd or 4th, I forget) and this one has promised to call me back within 3 hours. She did say that they had an update from the vendor this am which stated that the codes would be "emailed within four business days."   That would put it at Monday...which still seems like nothing more than a run around to me. 

We've bought numerous computers from Dell b/c of their customer support and most recently, TWO fully loaded Alienware laptops within the last month. I can say that these will more than likely be our last purchases from Dell. 

8 Posts

May 22nd, 2015 15:00

Spent the last four days with various reps. Try the "My Locker" *** first folks.

Some people, though, are getting a "no acct exists w/ that email address" message and the customer service reps don't seem to know how to fix it so they "escalate" it. 

I just got off the phone w/ another rep (3rd or 4th, I forget) and this one has promised to call me back within 3 hours. She did say that they had an update from the vendor this am which stated that the codes would be "emailed within four business days."   That would put it at Monday...which still seems like nothing more than a run around to me. 

We've bought numerous computers from Dell b/c of their customer support and most recently, TWO fully loaded Alienware laptops within the last month. I can say that these will more than likely be our last purchases from Dell. 

No Events found!