Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 3rd, 2013 10:00

Alienware 17 from xbox via HDMI input

My (HDMI-IN) input is not working.  im trying to play my Xbox360 on my Alienware 17 display and it say it can.  i have went on YouTube and saw other people playing on there screens i don't know how to use my screen. i mean i know how to turn it on step by step. Please help!
1.turn on xbox plug everything in
2.plug it in the ALienware 17 (HDMI-IN) input and i pressed the button on the keyboard to
3.nothing happens and when i press the button it says "please connect (HDMI-IN) device"

7532.help.JPG

500 Posts

November 4th, 2013 10:00

I know you can do this too, it is one of the reasons I bought my m17x r3 (older version of the Alienware 17). I have my xbox 360 sitting right next to me as I type this. 

The concern hear seems to be that the system is not recognizing the connection. I would recommend you to install all the latest drivers and bios (always good to do), and also test the xbox and hdmi cord on another setup, like a TV, to make sure it is working right.

I would also test another hdmi, if you have one. Such as a cable box, roku player, tablet display, other gaming system, DVD players, etc. 

Let me know what happens :)

November 23rd, 2013 10:00

it was not my computer it was my Xbox it was to new im now using a older Xbox
thank for the tips and help

500 Posts

November 27th, 2013 03:00

I am glad to help :)

3 Posts

October 25th, 2015 05:00

Hello, I'm tryin gto do the same thing this morning. Exept, when I connect xbox one to HDMI In to the alienware, I get the video (darkened a little) but there is no audio.. Why? Anyone know?

No Events found!