Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2017 23:00

Alienware 17 r4. After BSOD its stuck on alienware logo now every time I turn it on. Can anyone help?

This is what happens now. I was just playing a game then it stuttered and I got a BSOD I wasnt able to take a photo of the BSOD. But after I got it it went on disk repair. After that its just stuck with this. I can go press f2/f12 but thats all. Alienware logo appears screen turns off for a bit then its back to alienware logo. Tried pressing enter then the logonui.exe thing appeared. Please help

4 Attachments

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

October 6th, 2017 14:00

Hi, 

If it keeps going back to do the startup repair in an endless loop, the boot up files may have been corrupted. Do you have a USB recovery drive for Windows? If you do, you can fix or repair the MBR in Windows 10. Follow the steps on the article below to perform this procedure. 

[Easiest] - Fix/Repair Master Boot Record(MBR) in Windows 10 - EaseUS 

4 Posts

October 6th, 2017 15:00

Hi thanks for replying I wasnt sure of someone would take a look at my problem. I tried start up repair but it says that it cant repair my pc it said something about srtTrail.txt

Get Outlook for Android

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

October 12th, 2017 10:00

Hi,

You're welcome. So do you have a USB recovery drive for Windows 10? If you do not have one, send me a PM with your Service Tag and we will check if we can send one out to you.

1 Message

November 19th, 2017 20:00

I have the same issue with alienware r4 17 7700 hq. reboot and reboot.  

I change the bios to uefi , disable the secure boot and disable speedstep.  

I can log in  but my proccessors are 0.8 Ghz and the computer is slow. If i enable the speedstep the loop comes again.  I did a factory restore and i have the same problem. 

What can i do??

No Events found!